Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Sounds of Silence






Those of you with kids know that a silence can be deadly. Sadly, I must have forgotten that little bit today. I was joyfully cleaning the bathroom, while I thought the kids were playing peacefully together in their rooms. Granted, this was a good break for me because they have been fighting incessantly lately. I knew that Rohne had been rummaging around in the bathroom drawers earlier, but he does this often, and I thought I had cleaned most everything out that he couldn't have. Well, after quite some time, Taylee came in and asked me for a wipe. This, of course, means a mess, so I asked her why. She calmly answered it was because Rohne put makeup all over his cheeks, and she wanted to help him get it off so he wouldn't "get in trouble." Thoughtful big sis and all, but I went running to the room to see lipstick smeared all over his fingers and cheeks. Thank goodness it wasn't on the carpet or anything else. It was an old tube from college probably. I don't even wear lipstick now, and the color, as you can see, is not that desirable! Next time, I will be more quick to remember the Sound of Silence.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So funny! I think it's way cute that Taylee tried to save him from trouble! How is your knee doing? Race or no race?

The Feely Crew said...

This is great! You kids are pretty darn cute. Hey Race on. It's awesome you are going for it.

Allison