Maggie said that if I don't list 7 things about myself in 7 days, I will be apparently be cursed. I watch a lot of "Supernatural", and I don't think I would want that stuff to happen to me, so here goes. . .
1. I'm a pretty emotional, high-stress person. There is always something on my mind that I'm worrying about, and it doesn't take much for me to freak out. I used to cry over everything, but becoming a mother has leveled me out somewhat. You have to deal with what you get, no matter if you do it good or bad. I'm getting better.
2. I love the city, but long for the country. Seattle tends to make me claustrophobic. You can never truly see the sky and stars, and I yearn for green pastures, and mountains without trees. But, I love the shopping, the hospital and Doctors minutes away, and the endless recreation. I worry about sending my kids to public school here. I told Jake that if we could afford it, we should send them to private school. Not like Mountain View High was perfect, but, once again, I'm a worrier.
3. I'm a big wimp, although I fancy myself to be in pretty good shape. I hate lifting weights, because I am afraid I will just bulk up. If anyone doubts this, just look at my High School prom photo. Yuck!!! My friends and I had sort of a competition going to see who could squat and bench press the most. I would never do that now. Pilates is the way to go. My right arm is pretty strong from carrying around my 34 pound son though.
4. I am not an outgoing person, but not necessarily shy either. In college, I decided to be outgoing, and it was fun, yet exhausting. It got me a lot of dates, but it wasn't easy for me. After I met my husband, he is talkative enough for both of us, so I don't have to be any more. I don't really know how to make new friends. They've just kind of always been there in the past. Some people might think I am stuck up, but I just don't know what to say, and don't want to feel stupid.
5. I am such a germ-o-phobe. Ya know those Lysol commercials that show the real germs on doorknobs, toothbrushes, toilets, etc. That is my worst nightmare. Chuck E Cheese, McDonald's Playplaces, and shopping mall play areas, are out of the question for my kids. Somehow I think that parks are safer because the outdoor air kills germs. Right? I always have hand sanitizer and antibacterial wipes, and use them often. However, my kids still end up getting sick. I often wonder if I can stick them in a bubble, and they'll still have fun. Hey, it's possible.
6. I feel like I am losing my brain power. I know that you are supposed to exercise your brain or else you will go dumb. I think I am going dumb. I would love to go back to school someday, but I am afraid I will be too stupid. I used to get all A's in school. Oh, the wonderful glory days!!
7. I love my husband, my kids, my family, Gilmore Girls, chocolate, ice cream, peanut butter, popcorn with butter and salt, chips, mashed potatoes and gravy, 80's workout videos, steak, old country music, musicals, bubble baths, Little Women (the book and movie), chewy candy, blue jeans, new running shoes, taking naps, People magazine, and many more things.
Anyways, that's me!! I, in turn, tag Lisa and Holly because maybe it will give them a reason to actually work on their blogs. Come on people, blogging is fun!!
1 comment:
That was fun to read. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment