We had a really nice Thanksgiving. It's good that we have Jake's family so close, and we love to get together. My family was all spread out this year. In fact, my parents spent their first Thanksgiving alone since they've had children. Sad, but we hope to see everyone at Christmas.
It started out with Jake playing in the annual "Turkey Bowl," which of course, he organized. They started at 7:00 a.m. It was a crisp 28 degrees outside, as you can see by the frost on the grass. Jake is actually catching the ball in this picture. I tried to zoom in, but couldn't figure out how. Anyways, he took a 3 hour nap after this, and I am still hearing about how sore he is. He isn't the young stud he once was, I guess. Although he would beg to differ.

I guess they had 25 people. So, a tournament of 4 teams of 6, with one team of 7. Jake's team didn't win one game. Poor guy. At least he is a good sport. He loves football!!

Jeremy and Monique brought the turkey, and most of the food. They had it smoked at a BBQ in Issaquah. It was yummy, and Jer is still talking about the turkey legs. As you can see, I never did get a good shot. With kids, all sitting together for a peaceful dinner is not easy. I always have to eat very last. That's what microwaves are for!

Smantha and Taylee chilling with Jake playing Nintendo DS after dinner. What's Thanksgiving without a little dress up? Sam was a witch, and Tay was a Flapper girl from the 20's.

As you can see, the kids weren't altogether thrilled about the dinner. They loved the Martinelli's sparkling cider though. Tay kept asking for a peanut butter sandwich.

We did put up the tree and the lights. But, still no ornaments. The garage is a little crowded, and they have yet to be located. But, all in all, we had a great time. The pie was scrumptious, and the leftovers are still divine! Hope you all had a wonderful time too.
2 comments:
Could those beautiful children be my Grandchildren? Yes they are!
Love, Grandma Honey
Dad and I counted all of you as one of blessing as we ate our Thanksgiving Turkey for two. Love , Mom
Post a Comment