Saturday, November 3, 2007

Pretty Bummed

So, some of you know I have been training for a half marathon. I have been running since April, and I am so tired of running!! Anways, the race is actually in 22 days. But . . . I have the worst luck. I was running on the treadmill the other day because Jake didn't get home from work until late. 6 miles on the treadmill is like torture, so I was stupid, and just kept increasing the speed. Well, of course, while the incline was changing, I tweaked my knee just right, and hurt it. I can be kind of a wimp, but it is hard to run 9 miles (what I was supposed to do today) when you dont feel 100%. Plus, I am a sprinter, trying to become distance runner, and it's not that easy for me anyway. I am going to give it 3-4 days rest, and see if I can pick up again next week. It would absolutely stink if I would have put in all this work for nothing!!! Come on body, work for me!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can completely relate to the treadmill dread. It seems to take 3 times as long to run the same distance! Sorry about the injury! That's the worst! Where is your half-marathon at? Good luck with recovery! Good job with the training!

Anonymous said...

You've been tagged! Check my blog for instructions....your turn to share!