Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My Thoughts, and some cute kids


Cowgirl Taylee riding her stick horse she named, of course, "Princess." This has become one of their favorite games.


Rohne also has a stick horse Tay named "Champion," but he prefers being a wizard (no, that's not a witch hat, it's a wizard hat), and rides the broom.




I think I have officially reached a blogging slump. There's not a whole lot going on in our lives right now. The kids were sick with bad fevers and colds over the weekend, but are getting better. I got the cold too, but it hasn't been a terrible one. Here are a few of my thoughts:


1. I soooo have to do laundry, and clean, but can't bring myself to do it. Guess that's why I'm on the computer right now, huh?


2. Rohne has to get his blood checked tomorrow. I kind of hope that his count is a little low, so they will let me give him one extra shot a week. I feel like with all the germs going around, and the holidays coming up, it would be a good idea. Am I crazy? Maybe the Dr. will just let me do it if I ask him. Doubt it.


3. My knee still hurts. I think I can do the race if I just take enough Ibuprofen, but I don't want to mess it up for good. I'm getting mixed feelings from everyone about this issue. I just need to decide, and do it!


4. I can't believe that Thanksgiving is next week! Where has the time gone? Because we are staying here for Thanksgiving, I hope we can make it to Ekalaka for Christmas. I want to see Natali, Ben and his kids, and Holly pregnant. Oh, and her boys and Mom and Dad too. We needs new tires on our Trailblazer. Anyone have an extra $500?


5. Jake has been working late this week. I know that it's good, because the harder he works, hopefully the more money in our pockets, but I wish he was here more. He has Young Men's tonight, and I didn't work out this morning, so there goes my run. I hate that it gets dark so early.


6. I finally threw away all the Halloween candy. I just kept eating it, and it wasn't doing anyone any good. Jake's been eating it out of the garbage. Don't say anything!!


7. I've talked to my sisters on the phone already like twice this week. But, I really like to talk to them. I wish I could call them without bugging them. Maybe I'll call Mom. Wait, I just talked to her too. I need some girl talk!


8. The library never has any of my books I want to read in stock. And, there's always a waiting list on them like 12 people long. Why don't they buy more than one copy?


9. All the shows I like to watch are getting so racey. I think I'm going to have to stop watching Grey's Anatomy, especially. It is turning into a Soap Opera, it's all about "you know what." Why do they have to do that? I love Dancing with the Stars, and don't want it to end. And, I am still mourning Gilmores.


10. My friend, Mindy, is scheduled for her C-Section tomorrow. And, my friend, Lisa's baby is due Saturday. I need to remember to keep them in my prayers. This is my visual reminder. It will be fun to have 2 new babies to hold. Good luck girls!


11. A 20 minute nap would feel really good right now. The kids are sleeping, and it's still hours until Jake gets home. But, I really should do other things. Hmmmmm. . .

6 comments:

Collette said...

I know what you mean about a blogging slump. Just remember your kids are always blog-worthy!! I loved your list of things on your mind. The same type of stuff goes through my mind too. We need new tires on our explorer,too...let me know if you find that extra $500!

Anonymous said...

Emmers,
You are never bothering your mother with any call even if it were in the middle of the night I would love to talk to you.( I might be alittle frightened at first thinking something is wrong, but I would still welcome the call!)
Your father and I think that there will be another race someday when you will be healthier. You enjoy running so much that it would be a shame if you couldn't do it just for the fun of it.
We love you always,

Mom

Anonymous said...

I hope Rohne's appointment went okay....did he get another shot? As for the laundry....we've gotten in the habit of living out of the laundry basket because I am too lazy to fold it. I HATE doing laundry!

Lisa said...

Hey, anytime you need girl talk call me! I would love to talk to you! 801-797-9046
Have you seen a doc for your knee? You should call us and Sam could listen to you describe your problem and help you decide if you are ready for your race or not. He could even persrcibe you something if he thought that would help! Call!!!

The Feely Crew said...

I love your honesty Emily. It brought a big smile to my face.

Allison

Natali Jolley said...

Emmy my Emmers,

I know that first note there makes me sound like Ben, but this is not Ben, this is Natali. You are great and you can call me anytime too. I always want to call you early in the morning because I am at work, but I forget that 8:00 my time is 6:00 your time. I know you dont want to hear from me at 6:00!

Nat