Monday, May 26, 2008

Jake's First Ward Activity, and Good Bishops


We have loved our new ward. I really enjoy my calling in Young Women's and Jake had his first training experience as the Activities Chairman. He has had kind of a slow start up until now, but decided to throw together a Game Show Night Activity. There were a lot of speed bumps, and other rough edges to get through, but all in all, I think he really pulled it off. Everyone I talked to said it was really fun. We played Family Feud, and Win, Lose, or Draw LDS style. Then, we had an Ice Cream Social, which was awesome, because it was a hot day outside. The games didn't really involve the kids a whole lot, so the Bishop played "Bishop Says," which turned out to be the hit of the night. I know there are those out there who remember when Bob Stoddard was our Bishop in Mountain View. He always carried candy in his pockets, and in his office, and all the kids adored him. Our Bishop reminds me a lot of him. He knows each of the primary kids by name, (Granted, our ward isn't way huge), and after church, they all search him for their sweet snack. He is such a great guy, and we feel so blessed to be surrounded by so many wonderful people. I truly believe that this is the correct place for us to be right now.

There is such a great group of kids, and believe it or not, no one was fighting or crying. Everyone just played really well with each other.

5 comments:

Monique said...

I'm glad the activity turned out great! Looks like fun! Good job, Jake!

Collette said...

What a fun activity.
What a good bishop. Our bishop here is a little different and seems awkward around the kids (and everyone else for that matter). I've missed having a really fun bishop.
When I see Bob at church he still has candy to give us! Love that about him.

Shon and Holly Shuldberg said...

That looked so fun. Wow, activities chairman is a big job. But it seems perfect for Jake. I as sure he is awesome at it!!

Natali Jolley said...

I love the game Bishop says, except when he says Natali, be the Young Womens president.

Celinda said...

What a blessing it is to have children who center their lives around the church. I love seeing Taylee and Rhone with the other primary children. When you get a chance please tell your good bishop how much we love him also. Have you noticed as a parent that you love everyone who is good and kind to your children? That's how we can love your bishop without even meeting him.