So, Taylee's Dance Recital is just a few weeks away. We have spent hundreds of dollars on Ballet lessons, a recital dress, and $13 tickets (no, parents aren't free) to watch our little girl dance in a show for like 3 minutes. Do not ask me why we did this. I am feeling much angst, and regret over doing it. But, she loves it. Needless to say, I am pulling her out of dance class after the recital. It's just too darn much money. And, she's 3, and probably won't become a famous ballerina someday. I am now on the lookout for a cheaper place though. I think that YMCA's and Community Centers do something a little similar. Anyways, here's a few videos of my kids showing off their talents.
Friday, May 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Hey we spend tons of money on dance too! What is up with the prices!? By the way, I tagged you, check out my blog for details!
Bethany
Yeah, I'd be finding her a different hobby. Maybe like leaf collecting or something she can do in your back yard!! Just kidding. That is crazy though.
The sunny days look like fun. I took Bridger to the park today because it was so nice. He loves to be outside. I'm glad our house in Evanston will have a yard he can play in.
Taylee is a lot better than any of the kids that I teach dance to. So, you can feel rest assured that your dance teacher is better than me. Plus, she is WAY CUTER than any of the kids I teach too! I could watch that video a million times and not get sick of it. Rohne makes up fantastic songs. And he has such an encouraging sister.
I sure love to see them perform. You daughter will probably feel really deprived if you take her out of dance. Just kidding.
Ok, so we sat behind your Copelan cousins (Shane and his sister-Amy?) at stake conference today. Amy's (I think that is her name) littlest girl looks a lot like Taylee. I'm not talking spitting image, but you can definitely tell they are related. Curly blonde hair and their smiles are the same. So cute. Just thought you might want to know. Did you know that Shannon is expecting twins? So fun.
Maybe its Kim. She is married to a Hardy and he is an oral surgeon. It was crazy when Shannon was trying to tell me her name.
You should try to go to your family reunion. When is it? My mom said that they are trying to have a Wallace Hamblin family reunion at the end of the summer. That is a whole lot of people to try to get together!
Anyway...Have a good night!
I'm sure glad to know that Rohne made up that song, for I thought he had forgotten how to talk! It was really cute. I really think that you could start teaching a clogging class for 3 or 4 year olds and make the kind of money that your dance teacher is making. If you wanted to of course.
Just so you know, 'i watch these videos about 5 times a day. I really need to get a camera to video things with.
I hear ya on the pulling them out of dance- sheesh, they've had fun, but we could do something very simliar ourselves. It's been fun having the girls together this year, I'll miss our weekly appointed time to hang out- we'll have to make sure we still do something every week (Park Play?)
Post a Comment