Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Park, Parties, Sunshine - What Else could we ask for?

We've had a lot of fun the past couple of days. It really helps that the weather is getting better, and we can spend time outside. I love being able to open the windows in the house, and smell the fresh air. I have been trying to work a little in the yard, and I have come to realize that I really don't like yard work. Probably because it is hard!! The kids and I are loving having Whit around, and even happier that she found a job that is going to pay her good, and let her work a lot. Not because she won't be around, but because she will be a lot happier when she's making moolah! Can you believe the gas prices? It can stress anyone out. Well, here's a little picture narrative of what we have been doing lately.

Baby Parker, my nephew turned 1! Monique threw a great party, and the kids had such a good time at the Klein's new house.

They have a great back yard with a little pond. The kids "fished" for a long time.

Finally, Rohne caught something! Sam and Tay just thought he was silly.

I think I am just as sad as Monique that the baby of the family turned 1. They grow up too fast! Cute little guy, isn't he?

Yesterday was the nicest day we've had since Whit has been here. It didn't stay long, but she loved feeling the heat on her skin.

We have a great little park within walking distance of our house, so we all packed a lunch, and headed out. Why is it that kids eat way better picnicking? Maybe we should have a picnic every day.

Taylee's knees and legs are already suffering from her refusal to wear pants. I make sure and keep my purse stocked with Band-Aids and antibiotic cream.

This is Rohne holding his new friend, Squirmy. Taylee wouldn't touch it, but liked to talk to it. YUCK!

We had our friends, the Cleggs, and their kids over for a little Cinco de Mayo celebration. We had tacos, 7 layer dip, cookies, and of course, a pinata. It was really fun for the kids, even though the dads ending up breaking it, because it was too hard for them. And, I am happy to report that there were no incidents. Rohne can be quite dangerous with blunt instruments.

We all have our trials. But, if we surround ourselves with good friends and family, it makes them easier to bear. We are so grateful for the wonderful people in our life. Heavenly Father does watch out for us all, and wants us to be happy.

5 comments:

Monique said...

Cute pictures! Looks like you guys have had a great weekend! The cinco de mayo party looked like fun. Good idea, Emily!

Natali Jolley said...

I loved that pictures. I am glad that it is more sunny outside. Looks like you are all having a happy time and a jolly time and a loverly time because of Spring. Oh, the barnyard is busy with a regular tizy, and the obvious reason is because of the season. Ma Natures lyrical with her yearly miracle . . . SPRING SPRING SPRING!

Mighty Mighty Rudds said...

Dang girl you make cute kids!! I am impressed with your Cinco celebration...it was about 3 o'clock when I realized what day it was, and we live in AZ (or little Mexico). I am not quite sure how I missed that, I figured we should do something so we could say that we did-so we got taco Bell-yummy! What a good mother I am!

Shon and Holly Shuldberg said...

Looks like you had fun. Your pictures are so cute. We have done nothing fun so I am a little jealous. And the weather isn't as nice here!! Man I like to complain.

Celinda said...

I am grateful for what good people you are and the faith that you have, and I loved the pictures.