As all you moms out there know, mother's intuition is a pretty powerful thing. The thing is with me, I'm also a very paranoid mom, so sometimes I can't decipher my intuition, and pure panic mode. I know that the Spirit can also factor into this equation too, but that can also become a challenge. Anyways, after 3 nice, sunny days in a row, we have been served rain and gloom since Tuesday. Instead of cooping myself up at home with the kids, I decided to take them to the Pottery Barn Kids Story Time. They actually sit through maybe two stories, and then just play with all the toys in the store for the rest of the time. Of course this makes me a little nervous. Who knows what kinds of grimey hands have been touching those toys? After this, the kids were still a little restless, so I went and looked at the playplace in the mall with a big, foam boat. I had told myself that if there were lots of kids I wouldn't let them play. My mistake, in thinking my kids would actually leave graciously when there were millions of kids playing. My intuition, or whatever, told me to just take them home. Too many germs, and too many kids. My stomach twisted and turned, and I kind of started panicking, which isn't unlike any other time when I'm in a public place with my kids. But, to my own detriment, I pushed it away, and let them play. They had a blast, and we actually ran into my friend, Lori, and her son, McKay, which made their day. I washed and sanitized to my delight, and left the mall an hour later feeling okay. Guess what happened next? Yesterday afternoon, Rohne got a raging fever of 103 degrees. I'm just waiting for Taylee's to follow. This rewens all our plans (not that we had any) for the rest of the week, and the weekend. Gotta trust your gut!!!
Two of the silliest kids ever.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Mother's Intuition
Posted by
Emily K.
at
9:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I can totally understand what you mean about being paranoid or listening to the Spirit. Been there many times! I'm sorry he got so sick.....what a bummer! I hope he bounces back quick.
That's so funny that our girls have so many of the same clothes! It must mean that their mom's have similar great taste! I think you and I would get along really well, too! I think we have a lot in common!!
Oh man, I hope he gets feeling better. That is not fun-for you or him!
I was never paranoid about germs until Corbin was born. I must say I am much more paranoid about things now. I can't imagine how you worry, though.
The lake looked like fun. Does Aveeno sunscreen smell weird? Just curious. I like their lotion, just not the smell.
Oh, poor boy, I hope he is feeling better now. And it looks like you did have a fun time at the lake.
I am paranoid about germs too. The other night at YW, Jacey dropped part of her ice cream bar on the chair and another leader told her to pick it up and eat it. I was like, "NO, don't!" Everyone looked at me like I was crazy...but seriously, eating ice cream off a public chair. Come on!
There seems to be a fine line between letting children have fun and protecting them from dirt and germs. When my children were little the joke was that mothers who raised their families in less than clean and germ free conditions seemed to have the healthiest children. I remember when we moved into a really dirty rental house ( the bat house), we had to scrub and disinfect everything before we could live there. The people that owned the house were in our ward and the living conditions of their children must have been horrible. Her children were sickly.
Post a Comment