Sunday, February 3, 2008

Lego Towers and . . . . Salmonella, anyone?

What an exciting Super Bowl Sunday it has been for the Klein family!! No, not really. Rohne had a runny nose, so Jake stayed home from church with him, and they made a really high tower with the mega blocks. The funnest part was, of course, knocking it down, and the kids had to do it numerous times. We had lunch, and then, I was able to take a good 2-3 hour long nap, while Jake watched the kids (What a great Husband) Boy, was it awesome!!

Taylee had on this cute little sweater dress, and women at church kept asking me if I knitted it for her. I should have taken the credit, but I had to tell them I got it at Old Navy for 75% off.

Taylee has quite the sweet tooth, (she's not the only one!) and was asking for strawberry cake all day. I had no strawberries, so I talked her into double chocolate brownies instead. Against my better judgement, I let the kids lick the bowl. I remember doing this all the time when I was young, and I never did get sick. But, if you hear about me dashing the kids to the ER with Salmonella, be forewarned!

5 comments:

Celinda said...

Wow! What a tower, and I love those little chocolate faces. Emily how can anything that cute be a stinker? Too bad she isn't the middle child, then she would be perfect. I'm serious about that. I love you middle child.

Collette said...

I got to take a nap today too! I love it when it works out that way. Of course you have to let the kids lick the bowl-and your husband!!
I'm glad you're trying to be a nice YW leader. I remember the days of Sunday lectures...I was laughing so hard when I read your comment. Thanks for the funny memory!

Collette said...

wait, don't let your kids lick your husband, I meant let your husband lick the bowl too...just wanted to clarify!

Natali Jolley said...

Emily, you can have anything on that mary kay list that you want. For FREE SISTA! Just let me know what you want and I will save it for you. The stuff really isnt going that fast anyway, so I might end up giving it all away. I will even send it to you. Your kids are really cute with the chocolate faces. I've never seen a tower that high ever in my whole existence. CALL Me yo.

The Perry's said...

Hiya, I just saw your comment and I'm so glad you did so I added you to mine too. I'm just trying to figure this blogging out. How have you been? You have cutie patootie kids. I can't believe how time flies. It doesn't even seem like they could be that old yet. Crazy! Jace does hear from Jake from time to time. I love this tower picture, it's so animated. Taylee Rae is such a cute name and she looks just like you! So are you in Seattle? I’m thinking that but I’m not totally sure. I have lots of questions and things I want to catch up with you on but I need to change a stinky. Talk to you soon.
-Holly