Friday, September 14, 2007

Lazy, Hazy, Crazy Days

I am still in mourning after they ended my very favorite show, Gilmore Girls. What will I do on Tuesday nights? It was one of the things I always looked forward to. One whole hour of guilty indulgence. I loved it! They had a song on there that reminded me of my days lately. A little lazy, definitely crazy, and by the end of the day, I feel quite hazy.

It's funny. . . When Rohne was really sick last summer, and the doctors weren't sure what to do about it, we stayed in the house all the time. In fact, Rohne was in complete isolation for awhile. So, I got very used to entertaining the kids at home. They were both younger then, so it didn't really matter that we never went to the park, McDonalds, etc. We saw Holly and her boys on the occasion no one had the sniffles, and my neighbor would stop by occasionally to say hi. I went to Walmart after the kids were in bed, and worked out on Jake's lunch break. It seemed to work quite well. I would still call my mom and sisters crying my eyes out from stress, but I still do that now! Anyways, the kids came down with little colds this week, so I thought I would stop the madness, and stay home and let them recover. But, by the end of the day, it seems like the kids are more grouchy and hard to handle. Going out, or at least a play date or something, actually helps them wind down. Go figure!


Just something to pass the time.

The kids like to get in bed with me in the morning, while Jake is getting ready for work. Sometimes I can put on a show and catch some more ZZZ's.

No comments: