Monday, September 3, 2007

Ballerina Taylee turns 3!!


Just a glance at the present chaos

Rohne, of course, had to be right in the action

Megan, one of the cutest little girls ever! Tay loves her

Every girl had their own little tutu

The fishing pond was the big hit

Taylee Rae had a birthday August 25th. It's hard to believe that I have been a mom for 3 whole years! She has been such a blessing in our lives, and every day (no matter how tough) I am thankful for our little princess. I suppose that is why I threw her 2 birthday parties.

The Ballerina party was for her and friends. I initially invited 6 little girls from her Nursery. In the end, we had 13 little kids running around the house, plus their moms. In this case, more was not merrier, just more work! Yeah, it was a crazy house. Thankfully, I went a little overboard with food and party favors, so we had enough to go around. I did have it organized perfectly for everyone to get equal amounts, but that didn't work out. But, they're 3 year olds, so they didn't seem to notice. We colored pictures, made candy necklaces, went fishing in the wading pool, pinned the "tutu" on Angelina Ballerina, and danced around to music. Once again, they're 3, so opening the presents was a little challenging. All the girls wanted to open, and one specific girl, and her very embarassed mother, wanted to take all the gifts home. Tay was a good sport, and had more fun handing out the party favors than opening her own presents. Anyhow, I am NEVER throwing another party for 3 year olds. I actually don't think Taylee will get another party until she is 8!! I was so glad it was over!

3 comments:

Krisser said...

Emily!!! I just found your blog from April and I was laughing about this post- yes, it was wild, and I only caught the last half hour or so! This party was incredible, you put so much work into it, and Jillian had such a good time- thank you for it all! The treat bags were great, the activities fun, and you and Taylee were very gracious hostesses!

Supermom said...

Yay for April posting a link to your blog! It was a great party. You, and Taylee, are quite the hosteses. Fun fun!

Anonymous said...

I hope you used real fish in that pond