We took the kids to the State Fair up in Monroe for Tay's real birthday. Jake's parents and sister came along, which made it really fun. It was pretty loud and overwhelming, but I the kids seemed to have a good time. I just remembered how much I love fair food, which isn't good since I am training for a half marathon:) We got funnel cakes, hot dogs, lemonade, cotton candy (which Rohne and Tay love now. Go figure) Jake and Jessi were focused on getting their full money's worth on all the big rides. Of course, I don't do the big rides. But, I went on the little kiddy rides because I was not about to let me kids ride by themselves, even though Jake was sure they could handle it. The Petting Zoo was the biggest hit. I was a little hesitant at first, because I remember some big scare last summer about Petting Zoos and eColi or something. But, I am slowly letting the kids come out of their mother's protective bubble. I can't control everything, even though I will continue to try. We have had a summer to remember, it's just crazy to believe it is almost over.
Rohne pooped out towards the end, much to Taylee's dismay. We had to take her out of the stroller and let her walk, so she wouldn't wake him up.
Jessi and Jake finally persuaded their dad to do a ride w/ them. He really liked it!
Jessi and Tay on the carousel. She was too scared to ride a horsey.
But,ofcourse, Rohne wasn't!
This very friendly sheep tried to eat Jessi's jacket
Rohne could not get enough of all the animals
This calf was actually really soft, and Rohne kept "MOOing" at it. It answered him once or twice. Ha, Ha
Taylee touched the calf after she saw that it didn't bite her brother
Rohnie and I rode the airplane. He wasn't really tall enough to go on the rides, but we discovered that if I held him through the gates, they never checked his height. It was just too heartbreaking to watch him scream while Taylee had all the fun.
I was actually more scared of the car ride than Taylee was. I was holding on to her so tight, you'd think she would burst!
Monday, September 3, 2007
Evergreen State Fair
Posted by
Emily K.
at
10:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
If you guys are ever in the area you should come to our petting zoo! We have a few goats and a couple ducks.
LOL about the fair rides! I went on a smaller ferris wheel with Greta. I wanted to get off right away! She was so brave!
Post a Comment