Wearing my running shoes. Hey, Jake does wear size 13, maybe he's just taking after his Daddy.
Last Saturday Taylee fell and burst her lip open on our entertainment center. Lots of blood, a very fat lip, the whole deal. Poor girl! I have mainly been worried about scarring, and I was supposed to get her pictures taken this week. Anyways, as a by product of this injury, she has an enormous canker sore. She's hardly eating and drinking, and I just want it to heal already! Back to the title, Rohne, being a boy and a ... brother, head butted her while they were fighting over a toy last night. And, it is injured all over again! I was a little frustrated. Especially when you get to the part that he is only 21 months old, and doesn't understand a lot of cause and effect. So, to keep from losing my cool (and to clean up my little girly) I put him in his crib. Then, he had to say sorry. He ended up holding the ice pack on his lip most of the night, because Taylee wouldn't. Little stinker!! All that I can do is think about my own childhood growing up with 2 brothers who pestered me incessantly. As a matter of fact, they still do! I know I have a lot more of these to deal with in my future. Boys will be brothers. What can we do?
On a good note, though, Taylee is potty trained! Knock on wood. It was 2 days of accidents, potty timers, etc. and then the 3rd day it seemed to click. She has not had an incident since Tuesday! I hope it actually sticks! "She's a big girl now!"
Friday, September 7, 2007
Boys will be . . . Brothers!
Posted by
Emily K.
at
3:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Em,
It makes me miss your kids to read about them and see their pictures. I miss you all so terrible. You really have absolutely precious kids. Tell them all hi for me! LOVE YA!
Nat
your daughters poor lip. I hope she is better. I am starting to notice the sibling thing now that my youngest in 11 months old. My daughters now want the same things, and of course, Audrey thinks she can take it because she is older. This is only the beginning.
Talk to you soon
~Melissa
Congrats on the potty training. What a feat! I could use some pointers for future reference.
Post a Comment