Even though Tay's birthday was Monday, she told us she wasn't officially 4 years old until she had her Mermaid party. So, we had one. The Seattle weather, of course, didn't cooperate, but wearing swimming suits inside was almost just as fun. We invited 5 of her close girlfriends, and everyone had a really good time. It was way less hectic than last year, if you remember my post from back then.
Here is her HUGE mermaid cake. Whit and I made it, along with the help from my very talented mother-in-law. It turned out so cute!
The moms actually came, and stayed too, which was a big help. I was really excited about this cute pink dress, while Tay was busy looking at toys.
McKay came to play with Rohne while all the girls did "girly" things.
She got some great gifts from her friends. Thanks everybody!
Group picture of everyone enjoying yummy cake.
Cute little J dressed up like Ariel
Here's Rohne enjoying the party, and awaiting the candle blowing.



9 comments:
I absolutely LOVE that cake. I may have to try and do it for one of my girls.
-Ashlee Crabtree...hope you don't mind that I read your blog!
It was a great party! Thanks for all the fun prizes and yummy cake. Samantha had a blast, especially since she got to wear her swimming suit. She even bathed in it that night. She wouldn't take it off! I can't believe how big these girls are getting!
Wow, what a cake you made. How great is that. I bet you were sad to cut into that when it was time for cake and ice-cream. How fun of a party that looks like. I wish I coulda been there!
That cake was a masterpiece! Really, you let your talent for creativity run wild! Great job. Sounds and looks like the party was a great success, and you've taken some gooood pictures.
Happy birthday to Taylee! What a fun time you had, and the cake is adorable. Tomorrow is Keira's 3rd bday and she's requested a pink turtle cake...wish me luck on that one! haha!
J and K loved the party! And M quite enjoyed the fishy crackers!!! You really knocked yourself out- it was such fun get together! Thanks for letting us all come. I saw that picture of that darling pink top and thought- that's so cute, I totally didn't even see it at the party- but in the picture- you've got the proof, there I am looking at you holding it up, so I guess I did see it and it just didn't stick in my brain- someone please help me find my brain!!!!!
What a great mom you are to have such a fun party for your little mermaid! You are very brave also. Looks like it was so fun. I love the cake. All I get to make are cars cakes or transformers cakes. Maybe someday...
I love that cake...and you say that you don't do anything crafty. That is awesome. I love the swimsuits in the house. So fun. You're a great little mommy.
Hi Em!! Glad to get back in touch with you. Your kids are so cute and you are as darling as ever. I love the cake you made-so cool. It looks like the party was a big hit. The girls look like they are having a ball! Ashlynn just went to her first friends princess birthday party and she decided that she was shy and cried the whole time-bummer!! Haha. Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment