Friday, August 8, 2008

Family Fun in Idaho

This past week, we drove to Idaho. The main reason was because my brother Bryan, and his lovely wife, Mary, got sealed in the Idaho Falls Temple. They have been married for a few years, and are expecting their first baby in March. It was such a happy occasion, and I loved sharing this experience with them. There were a few mishaps, including Mary almost wretching during the endowment session, (did you know they keep crackers and juice on hand just for this reason?) my sister-in-law, Heidi, also pregnant, almost fainting. . . but it was so wonderful. We are all so proud of them.


The group listening to Ben's directions on how to hunt a dragon, and playing a good old-fashined game of tackle.
We stayed at my sister, Holly's house. Along with 8 kids, and 8 adults, that is. Yes, it was crowded, and chaotic, but who could ask for more? My Grammie, and Aunt and Uncle stayed at Bryan's house, which lightened the load, and we all ate at the church one night, which also helped. The kids really enjoyed each other, and were hardly ever bored.


My mom reading to the kids. She is such a good Grandma. This is all of the kids, except Joshy, aka Mr. Grouchy Pants.

We did have a few developments, mainly because of me, which isn't unusual. I absentmindedly forgot Rohne's shot at home. When I realized this, I frantically called his Hematologist. He told me it wouldn't be a problem as long as he stays away from big groups of people, and anyone that is sick, or has been sick. Um. . . this was impossible to do. So, Jake's mom, Sharon, came to the rescue and actually over nighted the medicine to us. I could have gotten it at the hospital there, but my insurance wouldn't cover it, and it would have been like $700. First crisis averted. Along comes Crisis #2. All the kids had been playing downstairs, when Rohne comes walking up with red stuff around his mouth, and on his shirt. I asked him what he had been up to, and he joyfully showed me the cough medicine he had thoroughly enjoyed chugging. I freaked out, once again, and called my Pediatrician, and Poison Control. This was a time when I was glad he is such a big boy. Because of his weight, they amount he drank wasn't really going to hurt him. They told me to just watch him, especially if he falls asleep. He wouldn't go to sleep, but walked around acting pretty drunk for awhile. His eyes were dilated, and wide, he staggered a lot, and could not get the words out he tried to say. Looking back on it now, it was a little funny.


Edward and Bella wannabes, and Whitney, so excited to dig in.

Yes, Whitney dragged me to the Breaking Dawn Launch Party at Barnes & Noble. It was pretty crazy. The average age was probably 15, but there were also quite a few older ones like us. It was a little crazy with all the screaming and cheering.


Zacky and Tay watching a movie, and Grandma once again, reading to the kids.


It was a nice 80-90 degrees every day we were there, so the kids had a great time in the pool, playing outside, and jumping on the trampoline. Thank you for letting us invade your house, Holly, we loved it!


Last of all, let me just say, that my youngest nephew, Cameron, is probably one of the cutest little babies on the planet right now. He is so smiley, and happy. I cuddled him, kissed him, and tried to keep myself from just eating him right up!!! Gosh, he is cute!!! It was so fun to get to know him.

6 comments:

Candy said...

what a fun fun trip and that is grea news for Bryan! Good for them. loved all the pics.

Natali Jolley said...

This made me miss you all so much, especially because of all the cute little children all running around! LOVE the pictures though. I feel the same about breaking dawn, but I haven't finished it yet.

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! Jason and I were laughing about the cough syrup incident! Too funny!

I finished Breaking Dawn last week. I'm with you on the mixed feelings. I enjoyed it, but I would definitely not want my teenager reading it. Too much honeymoon talk. I was a little disappointed with some of the ways she ended the story line.

Collette said...

Idaho looks like fun. Congrats to Bryan and his wife. Little Cameron is so dang cute.

So we were in Star Valley for our family reunion yesterday. One of my cousins married Adam Hillstead. She was saying that it was their 10 yr. reunion. I thought maybe you were in town?! Just kidding. I did think of you though.

Shon and Holly Shuldberg said...

I am so glad you guys came and stayed with us. I always get sad though when you leave. Thank you for coming so far. I know it was a sacrifice (sounds like I was the reason you came, but I know it was for Bryan.) You got such cute pictures of the time. Mine didn't turn out as well.

Celinda said...

Emily, that is a wonderful record of our precious time spent together in Idaho! Thank you.