One of our favorite things to do when we lived in Idaho, was to take the kids to a park in Idaho Falls and feed the ducks. Little did we know, there's a place in Bellevue too. Whitney has taken the kids she nannies for here, and I had never even been to this park. It is right downtown, across from the mall. Even though we go by there quite often frequenting Red Robin, we haven't ever stopped to walk around. I took the kids yesterday, and they loved it! The toys weren't that great, but there's a walking path, lots of waterfalls, and fountains, and of course, the ducks were the biggest hit. They are very tame, because they get fed all day long. I thought Taylee would be very timid, but after awhile, when the ducks would walk right up to her feet, she even let them eat out of her hand. I wasn't too keen on this, because she would be traumatized if one actually snapped her finger. So, after that, we decided to just throw the crumbs.
They wanted to swim in this fountain, and couldn't understand why I would only let them stick their hands and feet in. (Then, a lovely park lady told us to cut it out!)
So, the sun is officially back this week, and I am glad. We went to this beach park on Lake Washington today with Lori, and McKay. It's in Kennydale, and it was so nice, and there was no one else there!! Taylee was quite the fish, and would wade all the way until the water hit her chin! Rohne was a little more hesitant, but loved the shallow end. We built sand castles, threw rocks into the water, ate a picnic lunch, and had a blast! Whitney has been looking for a good park with a place to swim laps in the lake, and this one is perfect. We will probably go there tomorrow when she has the day off.


6 comments:
How fun does that look!! Man, your kids are cute. We love but Zack got snapped once and won't feed them anymore. Your kids look like they are having a blast.
We love to go feed the ducks here too. There is a place downtown Boise we usually go to. But last time we were there the poop was out of control and they put up signs asking people to not feed the ducks, so we need to find a new place. BTW I love your slide show of the 4th. That was a good idea to post it that way.
Fun stuff! Kennydale Beach was always a favorite growing up. It was kinda the "hang out" when I got older. Glad you've had such fun in our sunny weather. We have to take advantage of this. It doesn't last long!
Your kids are just adorable. I so much love looking at your posts. You have so much available to you up there. Sometimes I wish we had places like that to take our kids but I guess every place has its pros and cons. We love you lots and miss seeing you.
I finally posted some stuff on my blog Emmers. I love that you keep on a truckin with you posts, you are the blogging QUEEN!
The lake looks like so much fun.
Looks like your summer is turning out quite nice!!
I look at your blog on blogger all the time. I just forget to click over to your real blog to comment!
Post a Comment