Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Pinkalicious Birthday Party

We had a Pinkalicious Party for Tay's Birthday this year. I had been planning it for awhile, and had so much fun putting it on. If you haven't read the book, and you have a little girl, go out, and buy it. There are now 2 sequels to it too, and they are all great. Our book is very well read, and still a favorite.

So, the decorations were all things pink. I kind of went all out. But, it was fun, and Tay absolutely loved it.


Believe it or not, I made these flower pom poms out of Tissue paper. There were big, and little ones hanging from the ceiling in the kitchen, and dining room. I think I made 9 of them. I am sooo not a crafty person. But, they looked really cute at the party. I think I will put them in Tay's room when she has her own room back, and make it "Pinkalicious" as well.



Here's the cake made with the help of Whitney, and my mother-in-law. In the book, the little girl eats so many pink cupcakes, she turns pink. We tried to get the cake to look just like the one in the book.

We made little pink cupcakes too.

All the food was pink, and red too. I dipped these strawberries in pink candy, and put them on a stick with a pink marshmallow. They were a hit.

We also had pink lemonade, pink jello, watermelon, and bagels with pink cream cheese.

A tower of pink cookies. I made the tower myself. Just with paper plates, and cups. I was quite proud.

I also made these pink heart-shaped Rice Krispy treats, and put them on a lollilop stick. They were a little soft, so they kept falling off the stick, but, I wasn't about to do them over. They tasted yummy though!

We had 7 girls for the party. I initially only wanted 4 or 5, but, this was actually a good number. There was no fighting, or contention, and it never got too crazy. Maybe 6 year olds are getting to be more mature, too, which made it easier.

This is Lauren, a friend from our old ward, and our new friend, and next-door neighbor, Emily. Emily is also in Tay's Kindergarten class. They get along really well.

Sweet cousin, Samantha, patiently waiting until it's Tay's turn to open her present she brought.

Cutie Meg. The girls can't wait until they get to dance together at Ballet next week!

See, calm, and laid back. Just what a great party should be!

She loved all of her presents!

Because Rohne is such a little brother, and PEST lately, my idea was to invite some friends for him to play with, so he would stay out of the girl's hair. This worked pretty well. He interrupted a few times, and didn't let us forget he was around!

Handsome Parker boy, with a sword, Ready to bug the girlies.
I was so worn out from this party, I decided that parties are only allowed every Other year. But, Rohnie's already planning his "Snake-Eyes" party. How in the world can I pull that off?

2 comments:

Collette said...

So cute! Way to go on the super fun birthday party. I bet she loved it and will always remember it.

Sarah said...

Super cute mom - super cute party! Now go put your feet up :)