Wednesday, September 8, 2010

We'll Ride Painted Horses, with Wind in our Hair!

Oh, the annual Evergreen State Fair! We love the Fair! We'll always remember the laughter we'll share. The sooner you sleep, the sooner you wake, Tomorrow we'll go to the Fair! On Saturday, we loaded up, and headed to Monroe, to attend the Fair, and had a fabulous time. Jeremy and Monique, and their kids came with us this year, which made it lots of fun. We spent way too much money, pet the animals, ate fair food, and rode rides. Well, I didn't ride rides, they did. Too many bad memories of my Lagoon days. . .

This is how the babies spent the day. They got a little grouchy at times, but, loved all the commotion. It was a little overcast, and a tad chilly, but, that meant fewer crowds, and no sunscreen!
The first Kiddy Ride was the Rollercoaster. Everyone had fun. Samantha and Tay rode together, but, I couldn't seem to snap a picture of the girlies.

Here's the kids on the bouncy cars. Check out Jake behind the kids! He's gonna love it when he sees that picture on the blog. Next to him is his sister, Jessi, and her boyfriend, Aaron.

2 little buddies. Rohne actually loved this ride.

Sorry Parker, the bar cut you off!

Jake wants to get the Unlimited Ride Pass every year. But, he always always makes himself sick, and wishes that he hadn't. Next year, we ARE NOT buying him the pass!

Whitney was smart, and just went on a few rides that looked really fun to her. I think she liked this one.

My little sheep.

They had a FREE place for the kids to ride toy tractors. We spent a lot of time here.

The Petting Zoo is always a hit. However, during this, I was holding a screaming 1 year old, Jake was riding rides, and I was stressed out of my mind!! We didn't stay long. Sorry kids.

I made Taylee touch the pig for the picture. She would much rather just watch everyone else touching the animals.

Tay on the Carousel

I thought we would get outta there without paying to ride a pony this year, but, on our way out, the kids glanced them. They sure like those horses, that just go around and around in a circle. Go figure. Also, check out our school pride displayed on Rohne's shirt. BYU played the season opener against Univ. of Washington that day, and they won!! Go BYU!

And, finally, finally, right before we left, Tristan fell asleep. A long day, but, worth the effort!

5 comments:

Coleman Family said...

So fun! I love fairs! Can't wait to go the Puyallup Fair this week-end - if I can walk around, that is!

Mighty Mighty Rudds said...

Man, your state fair looks all wholesome! Our's is super scary! Crazy people walking all around and lots and lots of police officers. We haven't been since the double shooting 5 years ago! ;)

Mark and JanaRae said...

Wow that looks like a ton of fun. Cute pictures.

Natali Jolley said...

We'll always remember the laughter we share. The sooner you sleep. The sooner you wake. Tomorrow we'll go to the fair. I wish I could've gone to the fair too!

Celinda said...

How fun it was to go to the fair with you even though it was just through this blog! Kids, rides, animals! How can you beat that entertainment? Thank you for posting.