Wednesday, September 1, 2010

First day of Kindergarten

My first-born, and only girl started Kindergarten today! I have been a little emotional, and stressed out about it. I am so glad that we decided to keep her back, and send her this year, though. She has grown so much, and matured this year, and I really think that she's ready. She was so worried about sleeping in, and missing the school bus this morning, so we said we would put a clock in her room, and set the alarm. Well, we decided against setting her alarm, and just set ours instead. She heard ours go off at 7 sharp, and rushed right in, to get us up.
While I was getting her ready, I asked if she was excited? She answered: "I think I'll get used to it, Momma. I will be a little shy for the first few days, but, I'll try not to be." So grown up.

I took her with me to the mall school clothes shopping last weekend. She is such a diva, and loved trying on all the different clothes. I did buy her some pants, but, you can bet she mainly will be wearing skirts, and dresses. This was, by far, her favorite dress. She has been waiting and waiting to wear it the first day of school. I'm thinking she made a statement. I just had to curl all her hair, to complete the look! She asked me, after she looked in the full-length mirror this morning: "Don't I look Fashion?"

So, I had fully planned on taking her, and picking her up the first day of school. But, after talking to a few experienced moms, and her Kindergarten teacher, they all said to just put them on the bus that very first day. Don't follow the bus, or walk them to the classroom, and it will make the transition a whole lot easier. So, I did it. I can't believe I did it, but, I did! She came home from school on the bus saying that the ride was her favorite part. She didn't say much else, but, there were no tears, and nothing negative. She even made a new friend. Hooray for Kindergarten!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness she is adorable! I love that about fashion. Quinn says that all the time. "I'm so fashion, Mom." The funny thing is she is far from a girly girl. But even girls who were superhero underpants have an inner diva :) I'm so glad you both survived her first day of school!

Amanda and Kalon Downing said...

What a princess, She is such a doll. I wish Faith Loved dressed, but we are usually so cold here or we are fighting mosquitos. You really updated. I love the pink party, You did such a good job, what a good mom. I love the picture of the pig, and yes and i will never get used to the smell. WE have 35 sows this year to breed, can imagine that smell. Luckily Kalon is home this year to AI. Love the boys they are the cutest. It looks like you do lots of fun things with your kids. TOO CUTE>

Celinda said...

What a beautiful little girl, and so Fashion. Jake and you have turned her into a real princess, and that is great for she is a princess. Thanks for sharing.

Coleman Family said...

Wow! Kindergarten!!! Claire starts next week - I sure hope she's ready! Emma was almost a full year older than Claire will be starting school (her bday is in November) so I think she really was ready. Claire seems so little to me still! Oh well... I'm sure she'll do fantastic! Good job on just sending her on the bus - it's hard to see them grow up, but they start to do so many more fun things the older they get!

Lisa said...

Congrats on surviving the first bus ride away from you :) It just gets easier from here on out! I love how excited she was for school. She looks so cute!