So, I went to the Dr. on Wednesday, feeling a little optimistic. My sister had just told me that Baby Boy looked lower, I had gone on a long, brisk, walk, and felt a few contractions the night before. Surely, that had done something, right? So, not right!! By just looking at me, the Dr. said, "well, I can try and check you, but I assure you he is still too high, and you're cervix is probably still closed." I guess that she probably looked at the Ultrasound I had had done 20 minutes prior, which showed everything in proper order, including Baby who is weighing in at approx. 7 lb. 6 oz. already! The technician had no problem locating everything she needed to look at, because he is still just floating away in there, biding his time. A couple times she asked me if my due date really was June 21st. Yes, I replied. I mean, who forgets their due date? Come on! Well, after my lovely Dr. had told me that I had made no progress, she calmy informed me that she was pushing BACK my due date by 4 days, to the 25th. By this point, I was almost hyperventilating. Ya know, when you try so hard not to cry that you can't breathe? That was me. Looking back, I wish I would have just cried in front of her. Maybe it would have made her more sympathetic. I am so so so tired of being pregnant, and so worried that he will get too big, and I will not be able to get him out. I had a very hard time with my other 2, and this one, I know, will be my biggest yet. When I finally convince my Dr. to deliver this baby, she will be eating her words when she has to do a C-Section on me. I told her, she wouldn't listen, and I am already so mad!! It is now 2:40 a.m. Tay got up about an hour and a half ago to have me take her to the bathroom, and I've been awake ever since, crying in my bed, that I will be pregnant forever.
Friday, June 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Ugh...While I'm pretty sure you won't be pregnant forever, how incredibly frustrating to have the Dr. push your due date back. That should be unethical at this point in a pregnancy. You should have said,if his little lungs are done cookin', I want him OUT!! Seriously, isn't this your baby and your body? Sheesh. Ok, sorry for the rant. Good luck.I keep hoping that the next post you do will be pictures of the little guy. I do have to tell you that when I read the title of your post in blogger I had to laugh. You are funny.
That is frustrating. Pushing your due date back come on that's just silly. I would ask her if you can get a second opinion. Just kidding. I went to the Dr also and while I'm not due until 7/17 I have been having tons of contractions but they have not done anything. Good luck with everything!! I check everyday for updates.
oh my poor Emily! i am SO sorry for you! Pushed your due date back?! That's insane! They can't do that do you. Every day at the end of pregnancy is like a week! I was two days overdue with Davis, and thought I was going to die. I felt exactly how you did! I got a blessing.
Hey, there are some pressure points on your feet that are supposed to help induce labor. I know it sounds fishy, but I had a foot massage that was purposely supposed to put me in labor....Davis was born two days later.
Hang in there! He will come out! He will come out!
Sooo Sad! I have never had my due date pushed back, I just usually go a week over. I think I would be just as devistated if they actually moved the date back. Sorry to hear the bad news.
It is ironic what pregnancy does to a person - I spend all day laying here praying "please don't let him come today" and you spend all day praying for the opposite... and if I were in your position I would be doing the EXACT same thing! :) With all these protein shakes they are shoving at me, I have the same worry - what if I surprise them all and go full term? This baby could be like 10 pounds?!?
Hopefully your little guy decides that he's ready to come soon! What about doing jumping jacks? :)
I'm so sorry Emily! That is so weird, because all of my doctors asked me if I wanted to be induced. It's almost like they wanted to convice me to get started a week early so they could go on vacation. It's probably not the best way though. You will do great. Your children are sure darling. Good luck and we will pray for you daily. Love ya
Sometimes doctors and nurses are so dumb, sometimes we just know when we are ready. My kids are always late to especially my first. My prayers and thoughts are with you that this little guy comes out when he is suppose to. Take care, love ya,
I'm sorry! I know how frustrated you are. He will come though!!! Sooner than later, I hope! I'll be praying for you :)
Oh that does not sound fun at all. I hope you have him soon.
I hope you are recovering from the bad news. I'd be ticked, too!! I remember being soooo ready for my babies to come and then a day or two after they were here I thought, "Oh man...go back!"
Good luck!!
Post a Comment