Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Feelin' Hot, Hot, Hot

Although I complain about busy city life, one thing I have liked about living in the Pacific Northwest is the mild weather. Yes, it rains, and is overcast a little more than I would like, but, overall, it is very pleasing. There is not much wind, not much snow, and not too many hot days. Alas, this area has been hit by a heat wave. Now, normally, I would be quite overjoyed by this. The kids can spend all day outside doing the things they love. Swimming, running through the sprinkler, trips to the park, picnics, you name it. Just slather with sunscreen, grab some ice water, and we're off. However, if you haven't already noticed, Baby Boy is very close to his due date. I am big, uncomfortable, and scorching HOT. No, I don't mean that kind of HOT. Come on, who really feels attractive when they are so close to having a baby? (Thank you for all the compliments, honey, I know you don't really mean them though. I'm glad you still love me when I look like a beached whale.) I walk outside, and immediately start sweating bullets, and my feet and hands swell up like a balloon. My poor children beg me to walk faster, but, I just can't. I feel like I'm walking around on really fat stilts. Baby Boy cannot come fast enough. Please, oh please, oh please, do not let me go overdue. I can't stand it!!!

Snuggling picture of the kids after a dip in the kiddie pool.
WARNING: DISGUSTING PICTURE BELOW

Yes, I know how much you all wanted to see a picture of my feet. I'm just asking for a little sympathy. I know at least my mom will say "Oh, poor, sweet, Emily."

Now Enters MY Salvation:

Ta Da!! A brand, spankin', shiney, new, portable A/C unit. We sooo wouldn't have bought this if I wasn't so large with child, but, I really and truly was dying. (I know you believe me. Don't you Mom?) So far, it has not taken away my yucky edema filled feet, but I sure feel better laying on the couch, my feet propped up on a pillow, watching So You Think You Can Dance. The moral of this post is. . . . Please pray for me to actually have Baby Boy soon. I cannot survive another overdue pregnancy. Send the happy thoughts my way everybody. I'm counting on you!

11 comments:

Taylor Family said...

We send you endless Happy Thoughts and prayers.
We love you and your family and hope everything goes well for you.

Shon and Holly Shuldberg said...

I think you are beautiful!! Of course it had to be unseasonably hot when you are nine months pregnant!! I am sorry. I have a feeling that you are going to squeeze that little boy out early. I know it!! I can't wait to see him.

Anonymous said...

Good luck in the days to come! Seeing your feet like that stressed me out. Mine have done the same thing with both of my prior pregnancies. No fun!

I hope all goes well!

Monique said...

Poor girl! Swollen feet and ankles are the worst. Sooo uncomfortable! Yeah, this heat wave is kinda unusual, I think. It's kinda early for this. I'm jealous of your a/c though! I'm glad you have it. You need it more than me :) Hopefully you're feeling a little more comfortable and HOPEFULLY you'll be having a baby any day now!!!!

Ginger said...

It is nice to be able to be able to have the a/c unit right in front of you. You will be able to survive the last little bit!!

Mighty Mighty Rudds said...

OHHHHH! I do not envy you right now! It makes me glad I am done having babies! I will think of you whenever I watch So You Think You Can Dance and sand out good, unswelling, water breaking thoughts.

Collette said...

Your poor poor feet and ankles. I feel for you. Maybe you remember me posting pics of my feet with Bridger. I have a feeling those feet are coming back this summer...
Good luck in the next little while. I'm looking forward to hearing about your little guy!

Sarah said...

Oh my poor sweet Emily! You deserve your shiny new AC. At least your toes look cute :) You should try getting up and doing some of the dance routines. It might get things moving along! Just be glad you don't live in Las Vegas. I still have three months to go. Pregnant in a swimsuit...it just isn't fair.

Jessica F said...

Haha--you crack me up! Your 'Salvation'...lol. Oh- I totally know how you feel about the ankles! When we drove to eastern Washington last summer, I sat in the back of the jeep for almost 5 hours and my feet and ankles were swollen SOOO bad for the next whole week! Ughhh...It was terrible! You are almost there girl- hold on!

Celinda said...

My poor, sweet Emily! You certainly are thought of and remembered in prayers. You are doing a great thing! Another baby! Yeah!

Anonymous said...

Your poor feet!