Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sports Class & Swimming Lessons

The kids finished their first 5 week session of Swimming Lessons. They love to go, and it has been fun seeing them get braver in the water, and see their skills improve. We are starting another session next week so we won't lose the momentum!

Tay used to scream when we let go of her in the water. She has tried to be so brave, and I see her genuinely trying to get over her fear. Notice her death grip on the Coach's arm. She was better at the slide today, though. No hands!

Rohne is not really afraid of the water, he just doesn't like to stick his face in. They can't move up a level until they have mastered this skill. It may take some time to convince him. . .

While driving home from class today, Tay asked me: "Mommy, don't you wish we could live at the swimming pool? I said "No, why would we want to do that." She said: "Because then we could go swimming all day long, and I could have a swimming bed." Silly thoughts. She is our little mermaid.


Rohne has been doing a Sports Sampler class. It is 3 weeks of soccer, 3 of T-Ball, and 3 of Basketball. He was not a fan of soccer, we found out. He loves T-Ball, but, just wanted to hit all day, and they wouldn't let him. We'll see how he does in Basketball next week. It has actually kind of been a challenge for him to listen to the coaches, follow directions, and wait for his turn. I know he is still young, but I think it has been good for him. If anything, he comes home a little more tired afterwards. He always needs to burn off energy.

The class is made up of mainly 4 year olds, and Rohne is one of the tallest and biggest kids there.

Here he is stretching at the beginning of class. These activities have made our lives a little busier, but, I'm trying to squeeze them in before this new baby comes. If baby boy comes right on time, we should be all done with classes, and just have relax time. If he decides to make an early entrance, which I doubt, I don't know what I will do.

7 comments:

Monique said...

I'm glad the kids are doing so well in their classes. Eventually maybe we can get the kids in the same swim class. Sam has always wanted Taylee to go to swimming lessons with her. It's always nice to stay busy, even if it's tiring. It makes time go faster! Can't wait to see baby boy!

Collette said...

The classes look like fun. Strangely I am excited for when my kids can be in that stuff. Not the running around, but to see them master different skills.
I can't believe your baby is almost here! How exciting. I find out next week what we're having. I'll put a ticker on...just for you:)

Shon and Holly Shuldberg said...

They look like they are having so much fun. I need to get mine in swimming. I love the pictures!!

Natali Jolley said...

What talented offspring you have sprung Emmers. They are so talented that I think they are more talented than everyone. YES!
Name this movie: "Whats your Christmas wish." "My wish is the turn the radio station."
Another: "Never, ever, ever, trust a girl. *head nod*)
Another: "She's not knock kneed Nancy."
ITS A GAME! NOW THINK OF SOME FOR ME!

Natali Jolley said...

Pride and Prejudice, Clueless, and Sense and Sensibility! FUN HUH!

Celinda said...

Emily, Taylee looks alot like you in that first picture! Rhone looks so old! Sounds like that is a good thing for them.

Jessica F said...

The sports sampler is such a good idea!! I want my kids to do that. Its easier then putting them in one sport for a whole season only to find out they hate it after the first week. Nice job!