When we were at my in-law's house a couple Sundays ago, my mother-in-law had made this yummy dessert, and I probably ate a quarter of it myself. These bars are so moist, and yummy. It makes a whole sheet cake full, but they claim to freeze well. I really really should freeze them, because I've been eating, and eating, and eating. I went to the Dr. today, and the calories really screamed at me when I timidly stepped on the scale. While talking to my sis, Nat, on the phone yesterday, she requested I post the recipe for all of you to enjoy them also. Super easy.
1-1/2 cups of sugar
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream (8 0z. carton)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 medium, ripe bananas mashed (about 1 cup)
FROSTING:
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 tsp. vanilla
3-3/4 to 4 cups Powdered Sugar
In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in the bananas.
Spread into a greased sheet cake, or bar baking pan. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool.
For frosting, in a bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla. Gradually beat in enough powdered sugar to achieve desired consistency. Frost bars. Store in refrigerator. Makes 3-4 dozen.

8 comments:
I've been wanting to make these, but dreading the fact that I know I'll eat them all...myself! Oh, I'm sure the calories weren't screaming too loud at the doc's! You aren't big at all!!! It's easy for me to say though, I know. Anyway, I may have to make these before I go into full diet/workout mode in a couple weeks. Yum!
Hey Emily this is Amber. I thought I would just reply on your blog :)That's awesome that we are due about the same time except for the fact that you will beat me :( We live in Utah but still really close we go to visit my mom a lot so that's good. It looks like you live in Seattle. We go up that way sometimes I will have to get a hold of you next time we are up that way and meet up. I have to admit I have been looking at your blog for a while ( Since brittany found yours) I was just afraid that you wouldn't remember me. Ha ha ha. I know I'm a dork. Your kids are so cute.
Those look really good. It is probably not a good idea to read about it when I am hungry. I want to go and make them and eat the whole pan for lunch now. Probably not the best idea.
Bananas are totally healthy I don't know why you are feeling guilty.
yummy!
i will make them tonight. Yes oh yes.
I made these today for Mothers Day, They are similar to one of my recipes but a little different. They are so yummy. Thanks, I am so boring when it comes to cooking to its nice to have a new recipe. When are you due Emmers??
That is a great picture of the bars! They are tricky! Mine don't turn out that well sometimes. Yummy recipe. Thanks. Happy Mother's Day!
Post a Comment