Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Drillers are Tournament Champions!

Here's Jake's Champion Softball Team, the Drillers/D3VO. They had a big tournament all day Saturday, and after coming back from just one loss, they left #1. The kids and I suffered through the hard bleachers, and scorching sun for about 6 hours, until we could bear no more. The day was not so great on my growing belly, and aching back. When I have the kids, I don't get to see a lot of the action, but I was so proud of my husband. He displayed his plaque proudly on our wall, much to my dismay. But, he enjoys it so much, and has spent many hours, e-mails, and phone calls, putting together this team. It has been 6 years in the making, and they are finally winning. Good Job Guys!

Jake and his childhood friend, Jimmy. They have known each other since grade school, and after reconnecting, they are now closer than ever.

Here's the MVP, Simi, another friend from Jake's childhood. Simi is a single, good looking, Returned Missionary currently looking for a wife. If there is anyone out there you know who would be a good match for him, please let me know. We could probably coerce him into travelling for the right girl.

Clark, one of Jake's best friends from College. He was given All Star Pitcher.

Tila and Jordan, both Ex Minor League Baseball players. There are 3 prior Minor Leaguers, and 5 college ball players in the line-up.

They are all great guys, who get along really well with each other. It's actually so fun to watch them. . . . when they're winning, of course!

Here are my kids, with one of their best friends, Fallon. She is Jimmy's daughter, and such a sweet little girl. The games are so much easier if Fallon is there, because they are so entertained by her. Her mom is turning out to become one of my good friends, too. And, I definitely can use more girlfriends. All of the wives and girlfriends of the players are so fun to talk with, and be around. Jake's connections always seem to make me friends, because I am so inept at making them myself.

6 comments:

rachelle said...

lets hook simi and my older sister up. how old is he? :)

Baker Family said...

I hardly recognized Clark. I am glad you are still close.

Mighty Mighty Rudds said...

Hey! Hubby and I played on a coed team and got second in our league! It wasn't because of me but still...

Jessica F said...

Sweet! Good for your hubby! Jason needs to get on a team and do something :) Hey- my sis is single! You know that pretty gal in my recent pics. Yup- In Utah.

Natali Jolley said...

CONGRATS! I love the pic of the kids. Rohne has a band-aid on each knee. Im sure they are loving the sunshine!

Monique said...

That's great! Congrats to Jake and the team! I guess all the time away on the field paid off :) Loved the plaque. Nice work guys! And good work, Emily, for supporting them all day Saturday and many other days!!!! You're a great wife!