Whitney went home last Sunday, so we have been without her for 4 days today. And, boy, do we miss her. I am very melancholy, and trying to figure out how to function. Whit, won't you come back, please!!! We had the best summer with her here. It was so nice to have someone to chat with, go see girly movies with, go running with, and be entirely myself with. Oh, and I loved when she braided my hair. My kids absolutely adored her. Especially our little guy. Today, he asked if we could go and get Whitmey, as he affectionally calls her, from work. I told him that she's at college, and can't come back. To which he replied, "But, I Yuuvvv Whitmey!" She is 8 years younger than me, so we didn't spend a lot of time together growing up, and she was only 11 when we got married. I have loved watching her grow into a beautiful woman, and am so thankful for the time we spent together when she was here. I learned some things about her: like how she can be a little snippy at times, definitely has her own opinions, is extremely stubborn, doesn't like being pushed into things, etc. But, the thing I will remember most is her big heart, her love for family, her AMAZING voice, and her fun, bubbly personality. She is going to make some man very lucky someday. Although we greatly miss her, (the tears are splattering the keyboard as I type) we are excited for this new chapter in her life, and know she will do absolutely wonderful. Thanks again for the best summer ever, Bubber! We love you!


Thursday, September 4, 2008
"WHITMEY, COME DOWN!!!"
Posted by
Emily K.
at
1:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Oh! I'm so sorry for you that you are sad. It is so hard to have family members leave. Last summer, my youngest brother Brock lived in the same town as we did, in NV. He moved there to work and make good money, but it was SO fun to have him there. I'm glad you had such a fun summer with her, and best of luck to her!
I am so sorry you are sad, too. I know you had a good summer with her. She is a really great person to have around. I feel kinda bad that we get to see her so often, but not too bad (sorry). She is a wonderful person. I wish I could see you more often so that you could like me as much as you like her.
You know, I yuvv Whitmey too! I hope that you cope alright! I know you will and I know that Bubber misses you too!
What a wonderful tribute from one beautiful sister to another. As a mother I'm so happy that my children love each other. Thank you.
My sister left me yesterday after being with her for about 3 weeks and I'm pretty sad about that too. WE should get together this week and cheer each other up!
oh, that sux she is gone, she is a very fun girl. I havent seen her is so so long but i do remember that she was a blast to be with! I sure miss you too, gosh it has been so long..... next time you come to wyoming look me up for sure! :)
Emily,
I hope you don't mind me leaving a comment. I found your blog off of Bethany's and thought I'd drop in and say HI and see how things are. Your family is CUTE. Where are you living? What's new? Don't you miss the good 'ol Ricks College days sometimes!?? :)
Take care, Lindsay
Post a Comment