This summer, Taylee's very favorite thing to do was swimming. If she wasn't really swimming, she was running around the house in her swimming suit, pretending to swim. Hence, the Mermaid Birthday Party. But, something was always missing, or so she said. She really really wanted a "2-piece" swimming suit. I don't even know how she heard about these. I have a few tankinis, but I didn't grace my suit more than twice this summer, and she doesn't usually pay much attention to what I am wearing anyways. Oh wait, Dora wears a bikini. . . . I know, SHOCKING! Little girls are so impressionable at this age. But, back to the story. I was at Target yesterday perusing the summer clearance racks, and came across this pink, 2-piece gem. My practical mind was shouting at me to not buy it, but, but my other side won over, and I got it. It is big enough so that she can wear it all next summer, and she absolutely loves it. She has been wearing it all morning, and prances around like she is 12 years older. A Diva in the making. What have I done?
She has to pick out her own clothes now, and this one was a doozy.
*Please ignore the mess. I've kinda been off my game lately.*

13 comments:
oh gosh she is so cute!
SO funny! I love the video. I've heard that ABC tune somewhere...Soul Train? The swim suit is really cute too. Glad she likes it so much!
I love the boot and roller skate combo. Your kids are so cute and I love that your little boy joins in the singing that was the best.
OMG Emily she is too cute!!!! she has got so much personality in that little body doesnt she!! yeah the word Diva describes her! how fun.... that whole shorts and shirt thing is so cute! roan is a doll too, i love how he joined in to! Enjoy those little cuties :)
You have a couple of dang cute kids.
what in the world is she singing into? Is it the vacuum or some weird torture device or something? Whatever it is, it works, she is one heck of a performer. And what about that backup singer. Talk about a voice. Talent, Talent, you gotta take this show on the road!
Emily, that was just what we all needed. Thanks. You are a great writer, and camerawoman.
She is a hoot. I love little girls!!! what is she singing into?
Diva, diva, dive, but I love it. The tankini is great and soooo cute. I would've bought it too and her outfit she chose...I think the shoes/skates make it work. What a fun girl, loved the video too, such a performer! :)
You had better watch out with that one!! It was probably be a good idea to ugly her up a bit before she hits puberty!! :)
Wow, I have never heard the ABC's sung with such vigor. That video is soo cute! I love when she gets to the l-m-n-o-p part:)
Aren't little girls fun? Other than the screaming, crying, and fighting - I could have a dozen! :) Really they are so much fun. I don't care what those militant feminists say, most girls come preprogramed to love clothes and shoes. My cousins two year sleeps with a pair of pink boots, and when she's sad - forget a blanket, just give her a shoe! Haydan has had an opinion (much to my disappointment) about what she will and will not wear since she was two and a half, and Quinn lives in dresses!
I see that all mothers of curly haired girls are the same. I stop women all the time with curly hair, or who have curly hair to talk product. I'm always looking for that magic potion that will make their curls soft and manageable! I haven't found it so far, but here is what I've learned. The fifteen dollar bottle of shampoo and conditioner I bought at Ulta was a waste of money. I didn't notice any difference. Thank you Goodhousekeeping Magazine for suggesting the $4 bottle of Pro-V hydrating curls - I'm definitely getting that next time. I've learned that your not supposed to wash it very much - only two to three times a week, but you can condition it as much as you want. I get a spray in detangler for the morning after comb through. I bought a cheap kind, it works fine but squirts in a stream instead of a spray, which bothers me. A good tip I got was to braid their hair before they go to bed - it cuts out on the tangles. Also, some lady at Ulta told me to use a cream in her hair for styling instead of serum or gel. But I don't like it. I think it's too heavy. So, again thank you GH, I've been using up that $15 dollar curling cream by mixing it with a little bit of drugstore gel. That seems to work really well. The cream keep the gel from becoming too crunchy, but the gel gives the curls some definition and bounce. Whew! That is all I've got. I trim my older ones hair several times a year. My cousin who has really curly hair said that layering is best and I've found that to be true!
You asked - I rambled! Your kids are cutie cute. How are you doing?
I just watched the video - I know that song! My kids LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Super Why!! And so do I - my 23 month old can identify all the letters in the alphabet now!
Post a Comment