We had a somewhat busy, and crazy weekend. Our Stake has been planning this Carnival Activity for months, and it was on Saturday. And, with Jake being the Activities Chairman in the ward, he played a big part in the planning and execution. There were lots of activities, including big Bouncy Toys, pony rides, ballon artists, a magician, live band, face painting, and lots of great food. I didn't take many pictures, but we had a great time. Jake was tied up the whole time being in charge of the bouncy toys, which ended up being one of the most stressful jobs. Especially since our friend's 2 year old girl broke her leg coming down the big slide with her dad. I mainly ran around with my sister-in-law, and her 2 kids. This was a church sponsored activity, but we were encouraged to invite all of our non-member friends and relatives. It was estimated that we had 2,500-3,000 people in attendance. Overall, it was a huge success!! We had to get permission from the First Presidency in order to do it, and we had an Area Authority in attendance, to see how it would turn out. They are thinking that we might be an example to other stakes to implement a similar activity. We had Stake Conference the next day, and sorry, Dad, we didn't go. We stayed home, and just kind of vegged out, which felt really good after a stressful weekend.
Taylee really wanted to ride a pink horse. She was a little sad that cowboys and cowgirls wouldn't paint her horse pink for her. I told her that ponies don't like being painted.
We inadvertently dressed Samantha and Taylee in the same tank top. Taylee actually has those same shorts, but decided to wear her plain pink ones instead. People kept asking how I handle my "twin girls." Their Grandma buys a lot of their clothes, and usually just gets 2 of everything. It's fun to dress alike once in a while, and the girls were so excited about it!

5 comments:
Fun activity! Our stake just does this Fiesta thing with Mexican dancers in the parking lot...I want a pony ride!!
Emmers! I sent you a huge long email (in four different segments) at the beginning of the summer. I'm thinking now you never got it...which explains why I never heard back! :) I did hear from Janell though. It was fun to read about her life over the last 9 years (can you belive it's been that long?), though I was sad about her baby troubles. It's hard when you don't get what you want when you want it. You kids are sooo cute. You can probably tell from my girls - or maybe not since their hair is wet - but we love curls at our house. And even though I have to comb through two tangled messes every morning, I still see other kids and think, oh how cute! It's wonderful to see you so happy and lovin' life! Now that I have a blog we can stay updated on present life. If you want that email about my past life let me know and I'll try sending it again!
Sarah
Cute picture of the girls! Sam's being doing that head tilt thing a lot lately. Kinda looks goofy. Oh well. Thanks for dinner last night again. It was yummy!
What a small request Emmers, a pink pony. I'm sure that Barbie has a pin pony somewhere and you couldn't get Taylee a pink one. Too bad, so sad, i'm mad. That looks like it was really fun. Too bad about the broken leg. Those bouncy things can be dangerous sometimes. We have two of them at the Y, and I know of two kids that have had concussions. :(
Cute pictures. Good job Jake. I am glad it was fun and that it is over so you guys don't have to stress about that anymore!
Post a Comment