Wednesday, September 17, 2008

One of those things


So. . . I love being a mom. My kids are my life, and I can't even seem to remember how it felt before I had them. Yet, there is one thing I really really really don't enjoy about this divine role. POTTY TRAINING! When I think about my trip as a mom, being these 4 short years, that's one of the worst things that come to my mind. It ranks higher than sleepless nights, trips to the ER, terrible 2's, and everything. Our little monster has probably been ready to take this Big Boy step for awhile now, but Mommy has not been. I have been unable to muster the courage to try consistently, and when it comes to training, all you moms out there know that's the key. Our life has kind of been in a turmoil lately, and I felt like I needed to be in a sound emotional state. Well, I don't know how sound my emotions are, but we really did it. This is our 4th day, and each day seems to get just a little better. (Knock on wood) Taylee was a cake walk compared to him, and I thought that she was hard. So, cross your fingers for me, but don't quite give the silent thumbs up. I know our potty journey is just beginning!!

8 comments:

Chris and Kelsie said...

GOOD LUCK!!!! You truely learn what patience is when you are potty training. Let me know if you have any good tips. We are on day 5 of potty training Kinley. Why I didn't tackle that one before we had Taylee I am not sure. It would have been so much easier without a little baby. All I know is no more diapers for 2 kids or we are going to be poor!

Sotutus said...

Very exciting! I hate to say it but until they can wipe their own bottoms, it's not really done. We are STILL working on that with Isaiah.....argh!!

Shon and Holly Shuldberg said...

I feel your pain. I hate it too. I think that they should come with already knowing how to do it. Heavenly Father must have a sense of humor but I don't think that this one is very funny.

Anonymous said...

Oh man Emily..I feel your pain..or more like I'm going to be feeling your pain here in a week or so. I just ordered Summer a potty online so I will be starting soon! Any suggestions? I'm a first timer over here! lol

Natali Jolley said...

it will all get better from here! good job emmers!

The Feely Crew said...

Great!! So next summer when MArshall is ready you can teach me how to teach him.

Dez said...

We are just starting to think about potty training Ashlynn. So far step one-she likes to sit there with clothes ON not off. Haha. Any tips for me would be great!

Visser Family said...

I was lucky enough that my boys weren't too difficult to train. However, we do have the occasional accident, like when I was in I.F. when Henk's stomach didn't feel too hot. Well needless to say we had to toss the undies and that was the end of the world! Going comando with levi's wasn't that fun for him so he tried taking his pants off in a store, I didn't realize this until I turned around and some lady was glaring at me and I saw Henk's pants around his ankles. Potty Training is an embarrassing time.