This Christmas Eve, Jake's family decided to do something a little fun, and different. We had a progressive dinner. We had appetizers at Jess's house, salad at ours, the main dish, which was pizza, at Jer & Mo's (I know, I was crying over the prime rib my family was eating), and dessert at the parent's house. I was wishing that my house was more Christmasy, but with moving in, getting kicked out, then moving back in, we did our best. We also celebrated Monique's birthday, which was on the 22nd. So, it was fun. The kids also got to open up one gift. This was just a taste of what would be total mayhem the next day. You can see the yummy pizza on Rohne's face. He got a Backyardigan's boat for the bathtub. Tay was way excited about the Barbie Island Princess music player, which doubles as a purse.
Thursday, December 27, 2007
Christmas Eve
When we got back to our house that night, Taylee started worrying. She had been too scared to talk to Santa when she had the chance to tell him what she wanted for Christmas, and she thought he might not bring her cherished desire. So, we decided to write him a letter, and leave it out with his milk and cookies. The kids thought this was great, and it helped to ease her fears, so she would go to sleep. We also read the Christmas story out of Luke, but with no pictures, it was more for Jake and I's benefit. I think that they felt the spirit though.
Posted by
Emily K.
at
2:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I think that Santa does love Chocolate milk best. I am so happy that Taylee was able to get her wish from Santa. She will remember this Christmas always. Hope that you all have a great New YEAR! 2008, oh me oh my. Love Ya Emmers.
Nat
The joy that the children feel is one of the best parts of Christmas. Isn't it fun to have yours big enough for that? Happy New Year! Mom
I love it! Animal cookies were perfect. At least they looked festive!
Hi Jake,
I was browsing through Cailean Kohagen's blog and ran across yours! Your family is so cute. Hope you don't mind me adding you to my blog!
Sarah (Kober) Jackson
May Creek Ward
Liberty HS
You moved in, got kicked out, then moved back in?! Yikes!!
Post a Comment