Saturday, December 1, 2007

Christmas Masquerade Ball

Jake's Christmas party for work this year was a Masquerade Ball. It was at a fancy hotel downtown. As some of you know, I was quite stressed out about what to wear. But, after a suggestion from my sis to go to JCPenney, I found a suitable dress. There was a huge selection of about 4 modest ones. This one covered the most, and was actually quite festive and fun. I wish I would have taken a picture without my coat on, but oh well. The party was nice. Most of these events turn into boozefests, where everyone present just gets really drunk. But, we got really lucky, and sat by two couples who just drank soda like us. The food was okay, the entertainment, mediocre. At the end, we were glad we went, and it was a fun night out. Granted, we got home by 10:00, (there was dancing until 1:00 am we decided to pass on) and Tay was still awake, but it kind of felt like prom again. It definitely got us in the Christmas spirit. Downtown Seattle is really pretty all lit up and decorated for the season, and we felt way important using Valet Parking!!

All duded up in our masks. I kind of felt silly while shopping for mine, so I just got a plain one. But, when we got there, women had really fun ones, and I wished that mine would have had feathers or sequins.

Taylee does not like Daddy as Batman! He really freaked her out actually.

3 comments:

Krisser said...

How fun! I'm so glad that you went and had a good time. We missed you at the game, next time for sure! I need to see a full picture of that dress!

Natali Jolley said...

You are a beautiful masked mystery woman. I bet that Jake thought so too! -wink-wink- I want a picture of the whole dress missy!

Anonymous said...

Jake and Emily 2 children later and just as beautiful as ever!Love mom