All seemed calm in the Klein household. In fact, I was just thinking how great it was that my kids hadn't been really sick in awhile. Anyone who knows Rohne, and his history, knows that is quite a blessing. Yes, I was flying high, until our little buddy started crying, and throwing fits unnecessarily yesterday evening. I picked him up, and he felt a little hot, but not too bad. I didn't panick yet, and his temp. was only 100. So, I put him to bed without medication, and tried to ignore it, hoping it would go away. By midnight, I heard him crying out for me saying "Hot, owie, Hot." And, boy, was he right! I picked up the little fireball, and took his temperature. It was 104.9!! Not a good sight for a mom to see. I kind of freaked, stripped off his clothes, administered the ibuprofen, turned on the fan, and held him. He was so uncomfortable he kept twitching, and wouldn't close his eyes. So, I just held him. Much to my relief, his fever finally broke around 2:00 am, but then came back again at 4:30 a.m. (I was laying on the floor in his room when I wasn't holding him.) I gave him Tylenol this time, and he kind of went to sleep again until this morning. I am such a panicker, and had to refrain myself from calling the on-call Hematologist in the middle of the night. Knowing it would do no good, I waited until the morning when Rohne's Doctor was in. We were quite lucky because he only works at the Children's Hospital Tuesdays and Thursdays. Anyways, after a brief run down with him, he thought it best that we come in, and get him checked out, and check his white blood count. I was fully ready to spend the night in the hospital, because that's what they have always done in the past with him. And, I so didn't want to. I said a little prayer, and we headed out. By the time we got to the hospital, Rohne was acting a little perkier, and was really nice to all the lab people, nurses, and doctors. His blood count was 1500, and the Dr. said it was probably just a bug he had to work through. It's hard for me to fathom that he can get over things like a normal kid, because he never has been able to before. Thank goodness for modern medicine! We give him shots now that boost his immunity, and allow this to happen. Anyway, we spent most of the day in the hospital, but came home safe and sound. I am stressed, but relieved to know we have such a great hospital nearby, and a Heavenly Father who looks out for us. Hopefully Rohne will sleep tonight, so I can too.
We train 'em early in our house!
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Sick Baby, Stressed Mommy
Posted by
Emily K.
at
9:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm glad everything is ok. Its so sad to have a sick baby. Hopefully he gets feeling better soon, for your sake and his.
Good luck tonight! I'll be thinking of you when I'm up with Graham and his molars that are trying to come in. What a scary ordeal. Strange question: How do you pronounce your little boy's name?
Oh that is so scary! I'm glad he's okay!
Post a Comment