Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Cruisin' the Riviera

We did something very big for our 10th Anniversary. We took a Mexican Riviera Cruise for 7 days!! It was such a surreal, awesome experience for us. Thank goodness I have a loving mother-in-law, and live-in sister, who took such great care of our kids while we were gone. I was such a stress-case before we left, and the first few days of the trip, but, I was finally able to let go, and relax, and just enjoy it. And, of course, the kids had a blast without us!

The ship was, by far, our favorite part. It was huge, and so so fancy. We ate way too much food, and came back a lot bigger than when we left. But, it was so great to be waited on, and eat lots of fancy meals, and desserts. I am having a definite buffet, caffeine, and sugar withdrawal since being home. I am still feeling a little "sea-sick" too. I was paranoid that I picked up a parasite, or West Nile Virus in the 3rd World Country, but, the Dr. assured me it was a somewhat normal inner ear roblem. Let's hope it passes quickly. I have 3 very active, demanding children who wants Mommy's attention!

We stopped at 3 ports in Mexico. Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta. The first port was very interesting, because Jake did not have his luggage. He had worn the same thing for 3 days, and was getting very tired of it. We were supposed to be getting his luggage shipped to Cabo, but, it took them longer than expected, so we just didn't have time to enjoy it. And, with the 100 degree weather, and humidity, it wasn't very comfortable walking 40 minutes to get to the beach. The ocean was sooo warm though. And, it was my first experience swimming in salt water.
In Mazatlan, we got totally ripped off by a Cab Driver, which made me really mad. They are quite sneaky down there, those natives. . . In Vallarta, we did a Zip Line through the jungle. It was hot, we were sweaty, and got eaten by mosquitoes, or ants, or something. My legs were covered in bites, from the knee down. Really itchy!!
We spent a lot of time on the ship relaxing, sleeping in, reading, swimming in the pools, and hot tubs, and eating. We loved the many shows, and saw all of them. Our favorite was the Ice Show, which was so amazing, and made me totally wish I was a professional Figure Skater. I am so grateful for a wonderful, loving husband, who made this possible. It helped us remember how much fun we have together, and why we fell in love in the first place. We can't wait for our next Cruise!! Who's in?

10 comments:

Baker Family said...

Hello!!!!! Hot mama in a bikini. You look amazing. Glad you had a good time.

Monique said...

I've been waiting for this post, dying to see some pictures! You, of course, look amazing!!! I'm glad you two were able to spend some quality time together. Now, back to the real world, ugh!

Collette said...

Looks like so much fun! You are beautiful. I'm glad you were able to relax and enjoy it!

Coleman Family said...

Wow! Good for you! What an incredible experience for just the 2 of you! Although the ant bites don't sound that much fun...

Krisser said...

We're in!!! Maui here we come!!! I love the pics and you are one hot mama in your bikini lady!

Amanda and Kalon Downing said...

Good for you guys, that is awesome. Happy 10th. Its always nice to have a break with your hubby. You are so cute, and tan, and skinny. You guys looked like you had fun. Did you like your cruise, we have never been, but we have never had the desire to go, maybe one day. I have been wondering where you have been, now I know you have been on vacay. Super fun.

Sarah said...

Okay - you look hot! So glad you had fun :)

Josh and Alayna said...

How fun! I love cruises. We went on that same cruise and got bit by those ants or whatever when we were zipping through the forest too! You guys both look great and I am glad you had a great time.

Celinda said...

Your father and I haven't liked the idea of a cruise before, but with Natali and now your positive reviews maybe someday we'll try it.

I love seeing your pictures. Thank you for posting.

Celinda said...

What pretty turquoise earrings you are wearing! Gee, Emily I agree with everyone that you do look good! Your Father thinks that you have anorexia, but I tell him that you are just in great shape.