Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Weekend Fun

This past weekend, we headed up to Lopez Island with some friends, for a little R&R. It was such a good break, and so much fun! We celebrated Birthdays, spent some time outside, chatted, and plahyed lots of games. There were 11 kids, including Mr. Fussy Pants, so the children were well entertained by each other. We Did Not want to come home!

The girls having a birthday lunch. This place had the Yummiest quiche ever, and I can't stop thinking about that "pot au chocolate." If you haven't had one, you MUST!
The boys, minus Rohnie, who unfortunately, had to be in Time-Out for playing a little too rough with the little ones. He was so excited to be with the Big Boys. He followed them around everywhere, and they were so nice to include him.


3 beautiful girlies watching Saturday morning cartoons.

We took a hike to "Shark Reef." Just beautiful. The kids climbed on the rocks, searching for crabs, snails, and seashells. There were seals sunbathing on a distant island, and the weather was wonderful!

Rohne did this pose in every picture. Not sure why.

Tay and R. bonded over playing Chess. 5 year old Chess is probably much more exciting than the real thing.

The group enjoying the rocks.


Jake was nice enough to carry Tristan in the carrier the whole time. They both loved it! I made a mental note to "spend more time outdoors."

Leading the way back to the vans.

Sweet, sweet D. and Taylee enjoying the view from the Ferry. We fell in love with this little guy. I mean, really, how could you not? You should hear him talk! He celebrated his 3rd Birthay while we were there, and I know his mother is relishing every minute of him.

2 pretty ladies relaxing on the ride home to the "mainland."

And, my favorite picture of the bunch. Pure deliciousness. S. was so good with Tristan. I think Mr. Fussy enjoyed all the attention he got from the other kids.

7 comments:

Xff said...

It is really great to see all of you! You and your family look fantastic. I am sure it is nice to have Mr. Fussy get just a bit older now letting you do more trips and adventures. Looks like a terrific time.

rachelle said...

Oh it was such a fun weekend! Loved spending more time with your sweet family! And you may just need to hire Syd as a babysitter... :) She LOVES your little Tristan.

Monique said...

Fun! What a great weekend for a get-away. I loved the pictures. It makes me VERY excited for this summer and being by the water! You ladies look great in that first pic! Glad you had such a good time :)

Mark and JanaRae said...

That looks like so much fun. I am glad you got to go.

Natali Jolley said...

What a fun weekend! It makes me want to spend more time outdoors too. Your little baby is getting to be not so little. I think that all of your children are so beautiful, and so are you and Jake. BEEEAUTIFUL! Thanks for the comments on my blog, they made me grin. I wish I could think of something witty and funny, but I can't right now. I'll have to think for a second. Love YA.

Sarah J. said...

What a great weekend! I love Adrianne- she used to be in our ward here in Maple Valley!

Collette said...

Looks like so much fun. How fun to have such good friends. I can't believe how big Tristan is. Seriously, where does the time go?