Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Okay, Okay, Blogging Break Over. Have ya missed me?

So, I took a little blogging break. After my much too personal confession on my last post, I thought it best to take a little breather from the blogging world. It has been quite therapeutic, and now, I'm ready to jump back in. Thank you all for the kind words, and advice. It's nice to know I'm not alone.

Be prepared for total picture overload!! I'd like to document some of the things we have done lately, and it's best said through pictures. Here it goes starting with the least recent.

A few weeks ago, we "Did the Puyallup." It's the huge Western Washington State Fair they have out here. We get free tickets every year from Jake's generous Aunt. Jake seemed to be busy every Saturday it was going on, and evenings were too hard since he never got home until after 7 p.m., so I thought we may have to skip it this year. However, the last Saturday, my in-laws called and graciously offered to accompany me, and my 3 kids to the fair, since they hadn't gone yet. Tay and Rohne loved it, and we spent WAY too much money on rides which last a minute. Tristan, on the other hand, cried most of the day. Thank you Dan & Sharon! I really wanted my kids to be able to go, and have fun. Our summer turned out to be so drab because we had a baby, and all.

Here they are on the Dragon Roller Coaster. They're smiling now, but, by the end, Tay was screaming in fear. Rohne just laughed at her. She didn't do that one again that day. . . .

Just the kids being goofy one morning

My parents took an extended vacation, and traveled up the California/Oregon coast. They made a stop here in Seattle, and stayed for 2 days. It was so great to have them here. We made sushi, went out to eat, relaxed, and visited the Salmon Hatchery. They have a Salmon Days Festival here every year, but, we skipped the festival, and the crowds, and just saw the fish a day early. My kids loved it, and I realized they are getting to the age when the Aquarium and Zoo just might be worth the money.

The fish were sooo big!
They were quite mesmermized.

Us, and my cute mom and dad.
After visiting me, my parents were headed to Utah, and Idaho to visit the rest of my siblings.
They actually talked my kids and I into tagging along. It was a little crazy squishing into my dad's pick-up, and I am surprised that they put up with us for a 14 hour long drive to Utah. But, it was great, and a good bonding time for all of us.

We made a pit stop in Boise, and stayed the night at a Hotel. The kids had a blast swimming in the Hotel pool, and lounging in the hot tub with Grandma, while Tristan and I packed up the room.

We stayed at my brother, Ben's house in West Weber, while they worked on their new house in Syracuse. My mom and I watched their 4 boys the whole time, so they could get some stuff done. It was a little outta control, and I learned pretty fast, once again, why I am sooo done having children!! Ben & Heidi raise chickens, that are mainly pets. Rohne had a blast chasing them around, and catching them. As you can see, they don't mind being handled, and held. Even Tay warmed up to them about an hour before we had to leave.

Saturday, we headed up to Idaho to my sister, Holly's house. While there, we had a little Family Reunion. It was actually the first time in about 3 years that all of my siblings have gotten together. It was too bad that Jake wasn't there. It's funny now that our family has expanded so much, our get togethers are mainly centered around chasing around the 11 grandchildren. Every time we were all in the same room, my mother would start crying. It was so awesome to be together, if only for a short time.

Here are the kids playing General Conference Bingo on Sunday. I think this lasted 1 whole talk, before they lost interest. It was a good idea, though.

The 2 youngest grandsons. Tristan, and Bryan's little baby, Payton. it was not too hard to fall right in love with that smiley, happy boy. These 2 are about 3 1/2 months apart, but, Tristan already weighs as much as Payton.

Attempting to get a picture with all of the grandkids. There are 10 boys, the oldest 7 years old, and then my girly Taylee. We are still waiting for another girl cousin. Maybe Natali or Whitney. We took some more of all of us, and just siblings, etc. with my mom's nice camera. She is in the process of downloading, editing, and sending them to us.

Although I was planning on ending my vacation with my parents in Ekalaka, I decided to stay in Idaho Falls with my sister. I just couldn't tear myself away from my sisters, and my kids were having so much fun with their cousins. I stayed all week, until Jake came and got me yesterday. It was a good time, but, we were all glad to be home, and sleeping in our own beds.

Holly's youngest, Cameron. He is quite the character, and is always getting into some sort of mischief. How can you not love that face, though?

Tay, and Zack enjoying some cereal.

Tay and Cameron watching cartoons on Holly's bed. I didn't get many pictures while we were there, but, we had such a good time. Thanks for letting us come and disrupt your routine, and mess up your house, Hol. We love you guys!!!

I have gone back and forth on whether to put Tay in preschool this year or not. I have a hard time paying someone to teach my child for me. She was on a couple waiting lists for preschools, and when I was gone, a good friend called, and said that there was room in their preschool, because someone was moving. It turned out to be the same one as her cousin, Samantha, and friend, Sydney, whom we did Home School with last year. Her first day was today, and she loved it. I'm still not 100% committed, because it is really hard getting 3 kids ready to head out the door by 8:30 AM, and the drive is at least 20 minutes. She had a really good time, and the teacher was great. So, I think we'll try to stick it out.
Our biggest news Yet:
My barely 3 month old baby got his first tooth. I was so shocked, and had no idea it was even coming up. He was chewing on my finger, and I felt it. He has been a little fussy, and not sleeping well, but, none of this is new, because he is still so little. How could this happen?

8 comments:

Kevin and Amber said...

I can't believe Tristan has a tooth already. That's nuts. That's so fun that you go to get together with all your family. You should have called when you were in Utah I would have brought my 2 boys to help you watch Ben's 4 boys. Oh wait that would have made it much worse :) What's with all these boys??

Kristie Taylor said...

wow how fun!!! Glad you got to see the rest of your family, that must have been fun! :0) A tooth already?? wow!! y ou have a beautiful family!!:)

Club Jolley said...

That sounds like such a fun trip to see your family. I love it when everyone gets together, it just feels right.
Also, I can't believe that Tristan has a tooth! Hunter has been fussy and drooling/bubbling a ton (Dallin thinks he has rabies :), so I've been wondering if he's getting a tooth too. But like you said, since they're always fussy anyways then it's difficult to tell!
By the way, I got the baby sling a couple of days ago. I love it! Thank you! You should go to my blog to see a picture-- I use it all the time now. :)

Sarah said...

Hey Em! I need your email address. I thought I had it, but I didn't get a response from you and then I noticed one of those mail delivery things. I was really touched by your "way too personal" blog. It was real - and I've been there! But not anymore. Babywise (sorry more advice) has changed my life! The American Academy of Pediatrics says that it is normal, natural, and healthy for babies to cry themselves to sleep - and you can let them do it from the day that they are born. It's how they release energy. And that babies are ready to sleep through the night (10-5) at 9 weeks!! There is crying involved, but a sane, well rested mommy is worth it. Plus studies show that it's healthy for babies - developmentally they need their sleep just as much as we do. Babywise will teach you how to put your baby on a schedule. It's AWESOME and I totally recommend it. Call me if you need to talk ever 702-445-7560. Love ya!

P.S. I changed my blog address to insimpleabundance.blogspot.com

Amanda and Kalon Downing said...

How fun Emily, it is always fun to go see your family. I bet that was relaxing, how nice of your parents to take you! I have missed you dearly on here, I keep waiting for an update and relieved you finall got one up. I thought you were turning into Janell never to update again, LOL! I give her a hard time. You are a doll and look great and your kids are darling.

KimberlyGanir said...

First, were you eating at Mill Hollow? Jealous!!!! Second, are you kidding that he has a tooth? Kamden is 8 months and there are no teeth in sight!

Collette said...

Yes! I missed your blogging. I'm glad you got to have a fun vacation with your family.
A tooth?! That is insane. No wonder he's been fussy. He's barely had time to adjust to being alive and he has teeth! I'd be fussy too:)

mare said...

Tristian is just such a cutie!! getting teeth at 3 months sounds like my kids, they all did but Daniel and he waited till four months, must run in the family!! Give 'em all a huge from us.