
I took Rohne to his last clinic appointment at Children's Hospital in Seattle on Tuesday. He has been doing so well, and it had been 3 months since we had been there, that I almost forgot how to get there!! He has been off his shots since October, and while it was a little shakey at first, his body finally kicked in and did the job. His white count was 1400, which is the highest it has ever been without the shot. Although most kids run over 2000, the Dr. thinks he will continue to get better, and he is still getting over an ear infection. Doc said that he is setting us free, and he can finally be treated like a normal boy. Rohne has made it hard for me not to treat him normally, since he is so wild and crazy, but I'm glad that I have the go-ahead anyway. We are so grateful to Dr. Pendergrass. He was so wonderful, and we are so fortunate that we lived here next to such great specialists, and a renowned hospital. I am not going to miss those trips, dragging 2 active children into a germ-ridden hospital, and trying to keep them occupied while we were waiting, which you always have to do there. I know Rohne won't miss the pokes and prods, but I think this whole experience has made him the strong boy he is today. It has sure taught me a lot, and helped me to rely on the Lord, and weather the storm, no matter what comes at you. It is so hard to see your baby sick. I always said that we were done with 2 kids, because it was such a challenge after I had Rohne. But, I think Heavenly Father answered our prayers, in healing Rohne's illness, before blessing us with this unexpected pregnancy. And, although this unborn baby boy has already given me a run for my money, and it looks like he will until the end, I hope that, with the Lord's help, I will be able to deal with it just as well.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
I'm a Real Boy Now!
Posted by
Emily K.
at
10:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
You are such a great mom Em! I am SO glad that Rohne is doing well. I hope Seattle is still treating you guys well. Miss you!
Yeah!!! Miracles do happen!
Thank you for your inspiration. How wonderful it is that Rohne is well. We are so very grateful for the blessings we are all given. We know from whom they come.
Hi Emily,
I am so glad the Rohne is doing better. What a cutie pie. He looks like a character, I could just eat him. That is probably a relief that he is off his shots. I know you will get through this pregnancy and be a stronger person because of it. My prayers and thoughts are with you continually. What an example of the gospel!!!
Hooray!! I know that you can now officially take a big sigh of relief.
I'm so happy for him...and you! It's been a hard road and it's great to know that his little body is finally doing what it's supposed to do. This whole thing has only made you stronger. You'll be a great mom to this new baby, ready for anything :) Congratulations!
Oh Em, what a blessing and relief. I have goosebumps reading this. I am so glad that he is doing so awesome. What a little miracle!
Emily- I am so glad Rohne is doing better. You are such a great mom...I know that with this next little one, he will just bring that many more blessings into your life:)
Yea!! So, what is first on the agenda of treating him like a normal boy!!? Where are you going to take him!?
So much has heppened since the last time I looked at your blog. I glad Rohne has a clean bill of health. Now if I could get Marshall nose to quick running we could get together!
Happy belated b-day to Jake and what a precious conversation you had with Taly.
Allison
Post a Comment