Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy Birthday to a Great Man

A great picture of my handsome guy.

Jake turned 32 on Monday! I know, we're all gettin' old. How did that happen? We had a little, family get together on Sunday, and we had gone to Red Robin the weekend before to celebrate. Jake is such a great guy, and I feel so fortunate that my roomate, Janell, felt inclined to invite him to our apartment a little over 9 years ago. He is a wonderful, loving husband and partner. Although my tears don't phase him as much as they used to (he is getting more used to women emotions), he is always there to comfort me, and hardly ever gets cross. We do have our disagreements, but 99% of the time, he lets me win. He works so hard to provide for our family, and never stops dreaming big. He is a risk taker, which can be scarey, but that is one of the things I love most about him. He is constantly drawing people to him, with his happy, go-lucky attitude, and endless energy. I could not ask for a better father for my children. He misses them every minute that he is away from them, and they love him just as much in return. They will almost always choose him over me, (That is, if Grandma is not around!) and he is forever dropping everything to wrestle, sword fight, and play dollies. And, he's not ashamed to do it!! I would like to say thank you to everyone who has influenced him, and made him who he is today, especially his parents, because I would be lost without him!! Happy Birthday, Babe! I love you, and look forward to many more birthdays together in the future!

Blowing out the candles, with the help of the children, of course.

9 comments:

Stacey Mom said...

What a sweet tribute to your husband, he sounds like a great guy. I love reading your blog and seeing what you are up to. It's been fun getting to know you again. Congrats on your new pregnancy by the way!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Jake! I have to agree, Sam is not as responsive to my crying as he used to be either.
I miss you Em! I can't believe that we didn't get together more in Seattle. I was so depressed there, I was a hermit.
Love ya!

Natali Jolley said...

Happy Birthday Jake!

Celinda said...

We have heard so many stories of husbands gone "bad" the last few days it is a blessing to hear a daughter go on about her "good" husband. Thank you Jake.

Kristie Taylor said...

Happy happy birthday Jake :)

Amanda and Kalon Downing said...

Happy Birthday to Jake. I cannot believe I am almost 30. I thought I would be in my 20's forever, yeh right. I always thought 30 was so old, until I began to near it. Well february is a good month to be born. I hope you guys are doing well.

Shon and Holly Shuldberg said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!! We sure think you are great also. Glad you had a great birthday!

The Clegg Family said...

hey there guys...happy belated birthday to the man of the house! i haven't been keeping up on the blog scene lately...a BOY!!! that is so perfect! i am going to call this coming week...are you guys free for dinner one night? and happy valentine's day too!

Sarah said...

What a wonderful tribute to your husband! I'm glad you found such a great guy :) I didn't know you passed out at the sight of blood! Were you never in the bathroom when Janell was shaving?! That girl was leathal with a razor.