Monday, January 5, 2009

Ready for life to get back to normal

We took the kids to their first movie at the theater. We saw "Tale of Despereaux." Not a great movie, kinda cute, but Rohne got a little bored, until the action at the end. It was a fun experience, but expensive, after popcorn, and such. We will probably do it once a year. . . .

Rohne is still not napping, but falling asleep on the couch very regularly. We have been doing lots of fun things, and it seems like we all feel like this lately. Jake has been on vacation for awhile, and I am ready for him to go back. Not that I don't love having him here, it's just that I can't seem to get anything done when he's around. We are always going out to do things, as a family, and my house is showing the results. And. . . . his job is largely commission based, and when he doesn't work, he doesn't make any money.

A little taste at what we have done over this break:

1-Played in the snow a lot, and shoveled out more than that. Thank goodness Washington rains are starting to take over
2-Listened to the "band," which consists of Tay playing guitar, and Rohne banging on his drum. If anyone else has a little boy who wants a drum set, just say no!!
3-New Year's Eve we went to our friend's house, and partied all night. Well, the kids played, the boys played, and the girls chatted. But, we did stay out until midnight. Tay crashed on the couch at about quarter to 12:00, when Rohne was still rearin' to go. Welcome 2009!
4-Jake played lots of Flag Football, and hosted a Ping Pong party. While I hosted some children at my house. I was exhausted.
5- I went shopping with my good friend, Lori, while we left our kids, including her newborn baby, home with the husbands. It was a fun break, even though we didn't buy that much.
6- My favorite Christmas present was the movie "Mamma Mia," which I have been watching daily. Taylee really likes "The Dancing Queen," and Colin Firth is the greatest at playing a gay man. The more I watch it, the more I love it.
7-Taylee has been sleeping in her Rose Petal Cottage. I don't know if her bed will ever get used again, other than for jumping.
8- I have officially POPPED, and drug out some of the old maternity clothes I had stashed away from 3 + years ago. They look a little outdated, but I absolutely despise spending money on clothes you only wear for 3 or 4 months. I am also starting to feel the baby move a little, which is fun. Can't wait until we find out we are having Hamblin grandson #10. (Yes, I'm pretty sure it's a boy. Otherwise, why would I feel so stinkin' huge?)
9-Jake is dieting, starting today, and I am officially going back to the gym after recovering from my First Trimester sickness. I hope those New Years Resolutions stick!!

8 comments:

Ashlee said...

Emily,
Just so you know, there is a $2 movie theater (the Gateway) in Federal Way, right near the Federal Way Mall (the Commons). On Tuesday's movies are only $1! It's a lot easier to justify taking the kids when the whole family get's in for $10 (in our case) :)
We don't see movies any other way!
Ashlee

Natali Jolley said...

Sounds fun and fun. I want to see a pic of you "oficially popped" and in your outdated maternity clothes. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shon and Holly Shuldberg said...

I agree about Mamma Mia. It is so fun!! I am glad you had a fun break. Why is it that we don't get much done when our husbands are around? I don't really understand it.

Krisser said...

I hear ya on the husband thing- Matt's been working from home for the last month, and I can never stay on top of things lately! I'm glad you starting to feel better, and it sounds like you guys had a really fun New Years! I love your pics! Your kids are so darling, I love and miss them! Can't wait to find out what baby #3 is!

Jason and Wendy Pynn said...

You guys have been busy! I got Mamma Mia for Christmas too and just watched it last night. I love it!! Did you get the sing-along version? :) Avery loves the Dancing Queen song too... she knows almost every song because we listen to the soundtrack in the car. Not really a great movie for a 2 year old, but she loves to dance to the music!
Glad you had a nice Christmas. And Congratulations on "the Baby"!!

Monique said...

You've "popped" huh? I can't even imagine. You didn't look pregnant at all at Christmas! Glad you had a fun New Years! I wish we did...I bought myself "Mama Mia" last week. Of course Jer won't watch it with me, so I watched it myself. What a fun movie! Good luck on your New Year's resolutions. I'm really terrible at those. You'll probably do great though. Glad you're feeling better!

Collette said...

I am so glad to get back to reality. Husbands think that life is always a party...who needs to do laundry and clean up?!
I ditto everyone...show us the "popped" picture. I bet you look great!

Celinda said...

I agree that Momma Mia is a real feel good movie, even though it has some questionable content, and dispite the facty that Pierce Brosnan is a terrible singer.