Friday, January 23, 2009

Behind a Closed Door

As a mother, I have learned to be extremely wary of my kids going into a room, together, and shutting the door. Yesterday, while I was busily doing the dishes, and listening to "Spice Girls, Greatest Hits" (Thanks Nat), I realized I couldn't hear the hustle and bustle of 4 little feet. I walked to Tay's bedroom, and the door was closed. A bad sign. . . When I walked in, I saw them both sitting on the bed smiling mischievously at me. Rohne, for some reason, had no clothes on, and Taylee was in her Ballet outfit, which is no surprise. They were both holding sharp pairs of scissors, and cutting away at some white paper, thank goodness. While she whispered to Rohne to hide the scissors behind his back, she said to me: "Mom, we are just playing swimming, that's all." Yeah right. I was very fortunate that no fingers, or hair got cut in those 10 minutes behind a Closed Door. I am witnessing every day, how they are more and more growing to be true "partners in crime."


8 comments:

Sotutus said...

So naughty, but so cute!

Shon and Holly Shuldberg said...

Very cute picture. Quiet is a little unnerving!!

Kristie Taylor said...

ha ha, thats so cute:) You really are lucky it wasnt fingers or toes. :) they are cute as can be :)

The Feely Crew said...

OH MAN!! You kids are hilarious!! I need to call you one of these days to come over after MArshall class. We been sick and I also lost your phone# for awhile and then it was found when we moved the dryer! So I have your number agian. I will be calling sometime soon! Hope you're feeling well!

Celinda said...

I think that was a great entry! That is a great old door. So glad that you didn't find a pile of pretty blonde curls on the bed. We love you all and enjoy the time you spend to keep us all informed.

Amanda and Kalon Downing said...

So True Em,
When my kids have the door shut its nothing but trouble. Usually a tornado comes through when I open it up. I can't ever keep my house clean with my busy bodies. My little 2 1/2 year old is the one that gets Jayken in trouble. Kids what blessings but lots of work. Cute picture.

Candy said...

looks like you caught them just in time! SO sneaky! nice, 'swimming game' Taylee! TOo cute!

Anonymous said...

Emily thanks for stopping by my blog! It was fun to hear from you and catch up on you through your blog. Congrats on #3, your other 2are so adorable!
~Carolyn