Sunday, January 11, 2009

I thought we had Dodged the Bullet

There has been a nasty stomach flu going around, and I was gloating (ever so silently) that we hadn't gotten it yet. Well, yesterday, it caught up with us. I had gone out to do some "Me" time, and I got home to a sick boy, complaining about his tummy. I tried to pass it off as just one too many cookies, because Daddy was doing the watching, but, alas, 20 minutes later, the upchuck started. It was mainly all over me, him, and the floor. While I was cleaning up the mess, we changed him, and got him to bed, while Jake went to the store for sickly necessities. When Jake was gone, I had to change the bedding, and his jammies twice. For some reason, he didn't want to aim for the bowl. I slept by him on the floor last night, nursing each heaving session. I lost count after about 6. At 5:15 this morning, Taylee comes into me crying, saying her tummy hurt. I took her into Jake, gave them a bowl, and said good luck. Her sickness followed shortly after, but didn't seem to be as severe. They haven't eaten much besides Gatorade, and saltine crackers today, and we've watched a lot of movies. Jake made it really fun by putting our little TV inside Tay's Rose Petal Cottage, so they had their own little theater. (Demonstrated in the pic above) I took it out before bed, just so they wouldn't get any ideas! So far, Jake and I are fine. Let's hope it stays that way. I'm kind of doubting it though. YUCK!

9 comments:

Collette said...

Oh man...(as Bridger would say).That is no fun. Hopefully you have an immune system made of iron. It wouldn't be fair to be pregnant AND have the stomach flu. I hope Taylee and Rohne get feeling better soon!

The Clegg Family said...

so sorry about the flu! i HATE it when kids are sick! hand in there! i was the only one at our house, well, besides brady, who didn't get it...hopefully you won't either!

Celinda said...

Those were the days!! I really don't miss having little ones with the stomach flu. Emily, you and Jake are good parents. Hope that everyone is well now.

Natali Jolley said...

Sorry Emmers. That sounds so awful. Hope Tay and Rohne and okay and feeling a little better now. See ya lata

Merilee said...

Holy cow Emily, you have the cutest kids. I can't believe I happened into your blog! You all look so happy! Hope your kids are well again.

Monique said...

I'm sorry to hear that Rohne is still sick! I thought for sure everyone was well by now. I probably should've called to see how they were doing...I'm a bad aunt! Well, I'll be home whether or not they come tomorrow, so don't hesitate to bring them at the last minute. And you can count on next month too. I can't wait to hear what you are having! Hope everything goes well tonight and you (and Rohne) can get some sleep.

KimberlyGanir said...

I didn't realize you had a blog!! I am so excited now I can see what you guys are up to!! Congrats on the pregnancy! I know, can you believe we're all on #3? April had hers last week!! WEll good luck with it all and we'll let you know when our little guy gets here!

Dez said...

Bummer about the flu, but it sounds like you guys make being sick really fun at your house. Tay does make a beautiful model! Congrats on being pregnant! I am so excited for you!

April said...

I hope the flu is finished at your house. It started here today. Greta is sitting on my lap, begging and crying for a drink. Do I want her to throw up again????