Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Oh Rats!

Last night when I was taking a much needed, solitary trip to the grocery store, I got a call from my husband. It sounded something like this.

"I'm trying to get the kids to go upstairs, because I am staring at a rat right now."
"What?! A real rat? Is it alive?"
"Well, it's not moving, but it's in the laundry room, by the bed posts."
"Okay, I am officially freaking out right now, what are you going to do with it?"
"I haven't figured that out yet. I hope it's dead."
"Yeah, me too. Call me when you have it taken care of. And, take a picture of it."

So, it did turn out to be dead. We have had some mice killer down there for awhile, because we have seen traces of these little rodents. The problem with this house is that there is an opening from the crawl space into the basement, and it is right by my washer and dryer. I guess that's what you get when you live in a house that was built in the 1920's. Now, do you realize why my laundry piles up to the ceiling before I start doing it? I hate going down there!! Spiders and grimey, germy rodents are the basis of my nightmares!! Disgusting!!

Look at that gross tail! Jake actually saved it in a box for me to look at when I got home, and I about fainted. From the sight, and smell!!

7 comments:

Jessica F said...

Oh dear!! I hate rodents.....I just get all gross feeling looking at that picture! At least it wasnt alive and running around everywhere!

Josh and Alayna said...

Oh my goodness! That is a very large hairy fat rat. I would be scared to death. At least your husband found it and not you! Looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving and cute tree.

Collette said...

YUCK!! I agree with Alayna, glad Jake found it and not you. I would have freaked out...ugh. The pictures even creep me out. How can such a little animal put so much fear...or at least creepies in us? Glad it is dead and not in your house anymore!

Candy said...

HOly freaking gross-ness! That is so disgusting! GOod job Jake for taking care of it and I'm glad you were not the one to find it. Yipes! Ew! I'm going to have the willies all day now.

Monique said...

SOOOO gross!!! I hate those things! I guess who doesn't? Well, at least you didn't find it. I would be a little more freaked out though to go downstairs. Good thing Jake's the one down there most of the time! Oh, and the newest pictures of your kids (from Jess) are so cute! I really need to do something with the ones I got. Maybe actually print a few...

Natali Jolley said...

Wowee Wow. I got sick just looking at the picture, but then I felt a little sad for the furry creature. He looks like he might be soft. Disease ridden, yes, but maybe soft. I wish we could just live in harmony with all of these creatures.

Shon and Holly Shuldberg said...

Natali, Natali!! I guess maybe we wouldn't be so grossed out if we did live in harmony with them. THey are gross!! Sorry you had to deal with that, Em. I don't think I have actually ever seen one of those actually on the loose. That stinks (literally i am sure).