Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hmmmm. . . .

Not much going on here in our household. Life is slowing down a little, at least for now. We are looking forward to the holidays. I love Christmas, and can't wait for the Thanksgiving Feast. I fully plan on putting up the Christmas tree the after Thanksgiving, if I can wait that long. Taylee and Rohne were participating in Sports Classes at the Community Centers, and they are done now. They both had a lot of fun, and it gave them something to look forward to. I never did get very good pictures of them, but you can picture Taylee as a 4 year old trying to play a real basketball game. It was fun to watch her try to figure it out. Rohne has always been a little more coordinated, and I think we might continue his class after the New Year, and get Taylee back in Ballet. We are going to be celebrating the holidays here in Washington again this year, which makes me really sad, because I will greatly miss my family. But, with Jake just starting a new job, we cannot justify the trip right now. Just so ya know, everyone is invited to our house any time!!! Taylee is still doing preschool once a week, and enjoying it. She has known all of her letters for a while, but is slowly learning the lower case ones now, and writing them a little better. Rohne is going back to the Dr. again on Thursday, which I hope will bring good news. He is forever our monster, and terrorizes his sister, and my house on a daily basis. He is (cross my fingers) sleeping a little better lately, which makes for a happier mommy in the morning. Jake's job is very busy, and time consuming, but he is quickly earning a reputation in the company as one of the best Advisors, which gives him more referrals. We miss eating dinner with him at night, but he does spend quality time when he is at home, which I greatly appreciate. I am dragging him to see Twilight with me, and I think he is actually a little excited. He probably won't be when he is surrounded by a bunch of screaming teens. All in all, we are surviving each day, and trying to make the best, and have some fun too.

4 comments:

Natali Jolley said...

I wish I could see Taylee play basketball. What a great sight that would be! You're right, I can picture it and I love it. Rohne is going to be a little athlete huh. Who knew, his Dad doesn't like athletics at all. I have wanted to put up my tree for a long time now, but I am waiting. It is torture!

Lisa said...

Hey Em! Sounds like you guys are doing well. I can't even imagine a basketball game full of 4 year olds. Too fun! What a smart girl too, knowing her letters. I hope Rohne's appointment goes well. Do you still go up to Children's Hospital? I wish we still lived somewhat closer to each other. It was fun in Pocatello for a few weeks. Have fun at Twilight, I think I will have to drag Sam too. Wish we could go together!

Chris and Kelsie said...

I wish we all lived closer and we could all go to Twilight together. It would be so much fun. I bet your kids had so much fun with their sports. Have fun getting ready for the holidays. We put up our tree last week. The kids had so much fun. But there is just something weird about putting up your tree and having it be in the 70's outside. I am missing the snow right now.

Celinda said...

Your Mom loves you and wishes that she could see all the fun things that you and your beautiful family are doing. I have a story about Natali playing little girls basketball that maybe I will post sometime.