Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Ward Halloween Party was a Success

We decorated all day long, and needlessly stressed, but the party turned out great. There was a great turnout from the ward, as well as from visitors and nonmembers. The carnival consisted of pumpkin and face painting, cookie decorating, bean bag toss, fish pond, donuts on a string, caramel apples, and Monster Mash dancing. Our Young Women's President took on the bulk of the organization, and did a wonderful job. The kids Trick-or-Treated by searching out adults who were designated candy givers, and getting a sticker and piece of candy from each of them.

I was very proud of Taylee's hair, which took me way too long to do.

We invited our friends, Tila and Lori, as well as Monique and her kids. Tay was a fairy, Rohne, McKay and Parker all dragons, and Samantha was a butterfly. Rohne kept his costume on a total of about 5 minutes. I guess it was too bulky for his liking.

Jake dressed up as the infamous Indian Jones, and I was a spider witch. (or so the kids called me.) Just check out my shoes! I wore those puppies all night long. Thank you Sharon, for all the wonderful costumes.

5 comments:

Josh and Alayna said...

Wow, that is quite an accomplishment keeping those shoes on all night. Taylee's hair does look pretty awesome, good job!

Candy said...

you should be proud of that hair! whew! you look like one hot spider witch too!
so fun, you did a great job planning, and now you can just relax.

Dez said...

You all look great. Her hair turned out beautiful. How did you get her to sit still for so long? I bet your feet hurt after that. Your party sounds great!!!

Collette said...

After planning my little party, I am super impressed with that super-cool ward party you guys put on! Good job. I bet you are so glad its over.
Your costumes look great, too. You are a champ for wearing the shoes all night. Yikes!

Natali Jolley said...

Hello you little spider witch I did enjoy the shoes, I hope you will wear them when I see you next. I also loved the tights and I loved how authentic Jake's costume was. How wonderful to be so attractive on such a night as this.