So, my sister-in-law, Monique had the great idea of hosting a Halloween Family Night. We wanted to do Caramel apples, complete with yummy toppings of all kinds, and make Gingerbread Haunted Houses. Neither of us have ever been very successful at making caramel apples, and we never did get the caramel just right. It was either too thin, and the caramel just fell off, or it was too hard, and we couldn't get any toppings to stick to it. Anyone with a foolproof way of doing them, please let us know. They were still really yummy to eat. The Gingerbread Houses were a lot of fun too, but very time consuming and detail oriented. I was once again reminded why I am not the craftiest gal. I just want to get it done really fast, and still have it look like I spent hours on it. Somehow, this isn't the way crafts work!! Jake and I did one, along with the help of Jake's mom, because we got very tired at the end. And, Jer and Mo did one too, which wasn't fair because Jeremy is a real artist. They both turned out great, and it will be fun to have a new Halloween decoration to display. Taylee still reminds me daily that our house is not as spooky as Samantha's.
Rohne, and his apples. Apparently he ate way too much candy, because he was up all night complaining that his tummy hurt, although he didn't ever throw up. I am soooo glad that it wasn't the flu!!
Me and Tay trying to figure out how to make those darn sprinkles stick!!


9 comments:
How fun! The kids look like they had a blast! I've never really gotten into Halloween until this year. Somehow I've gotten talked into hosting a Halloween party though. The carmel looks good on your apples, what are you complaining about?! ;)
That haunted house is SOOO cute! You are too crafty!
Super super fun!! What a great idea and what a great post. I love the house it turned out really great.
Ben's mom has a great but time cunsuming carmel recipe. We did some last year with her recipe and them some with a quick one. Teri's worked much better.
What a fun family night! I may have to steal your idea for this upcoming Monday (or maybe even Sunday!). Glad you had fun- or at least the kids! Can't you get those carmel wraps that you just wrap around the apples???
that is so awesome! I was just thinking about yummy carmel apples today! I'll for sure have to do them now! And how fun to have a haunted gingerbread house. very spooky...and yummy!
I'm going to my parents house in WY tomorrow, and maybe carmel apples will have to be a little project for us!
you look so pretty!
The house is very good and spooky I might add...Taylee doesn't know what she is talking about. She is only three you know. So, I want to make caramel apples too, and have a halloween party. I will see if i can figure out a way to make that caramel and sprinkles stick.
It all looks fabulous! The caramel apples look soo yummy.
What an awesome idea! Looks yummy and fun! How are you???? Miss you!!! Let's play sometime!
Now I want to make the houses, but I will have to find someone who is crafty to make them with me. You guys did an awesome job!!
Post a Comment