Friday, October 31, 2008

A few more Halloween things

We finally got around to carving our pumpkins on Thursday night. It was fun, and the kids enjoyed it a lot more than last year. They actually enjoyed cleaning out all the slimey stuff the best. The pumpkins turned out fine. We didn't do anything fancy, just the traditional jack-o-lanterns. There's not much creativity left in me anymore.

Tonight we attended the May Valley Ward Halloween party/Trunk or Treat. It is Jake's parents and brother's ward. We thought it would be better to spend the night with people we know, instead of going trick-or-treating by ourselves. So, the kids got to dress up again. Taylee chose a ballerina.

And, Rohne was a scarecrow. He actually kept this costume on the whole night, and only asked to take it off 5 or 6 times.

Here's the cousins, minus Parker, engrossed in a spooky Halloween story. We had a great time, and our children are still talking in their rooms, when they should be sleeping. That darn sugar high can do that to you. We volunteered to clean the church tomorrow, so it's up bright and early.
Happy Halloween everyone! I hope you all had a fun holiday.

4 comments:

Natali Jolley said...

love your pumpkins, they are very creative. Your kids looked cute, and I think that they are the most cute of all the kids at that halloween party. They really took the cake those two!

Candy said...

AAAAHHHHHH!

YOU ARE THE WINNER!!!


YOU WON THE ZIPPER POUCH!!!


I just announced it on my craft blog, but please email me your address, to candyawilson@hotmail.com. I will get it sent out sometime this week (whenever I have another shipment going out).

Congrats! and thank you for playing!

Dez said...

Cute costumes again! Your kids are adorable! Glad Rhone was able to keep his costume on this time!

Krisser said...

It was good to see you- for the whole 2 seconds we were able to talk! We've got to get our kids into a class together or something, I need my weekly Emily time!!!