Saturday, October 4, 2008

1 Cup of Crazy + 1 Cup of Fun, Mixed Well = 1 Happy Family

We had kind of a crazy week. Jake started his new job, and it has been a challenge getting back into our routine again, after having him home for awhile. The kids are missing him, but we both feel so good about this change. Rohne's lip is healing much too slowly for my taste, so we spent all of Wednesday at the Hospital. I had to attempt to hold down a very strong 2 year old while they put in an IV, while my girly watched, covering her ears and eyes. And, because we just barely switched insurances, it took forever to get our medicine, which lead to a very messy accident while I fought with the pharmacy workers. It was not a good day!! But, we have had some fun mixed in, and it helps me to forget the bad stuff.

It has become a family tradition to attend the Salmon Days Parade every year. We always record the first session of Conference, so we can watch it later. Without fail, it rains every single year! We made it through about 3/4 of the parade before the downpour started. My kids loved the parade, and I got to see 3 of my Laurels play in the Issaquah High Marching Band.

I tauught my first preschool class, and it turned out really good. We learned all about the letter B, which including blowing up ballons, and making blue necklaces. That night, my niece, Samantha, also had her 4th birthday party, which was a Halloween theme. Taylee dressed as a pretty witch, while Rohne was Cowboy Diego. They had a "hair-raising" time, as demonstrated by Taylee in the last picture.

We are a happy family, that loves spending time with one another. Fall is bursting and showing its beauty all around us, and I can't help but anticipate the upcoming holiday season. It is a time that brings out the best in all of us. I am so thankful for a positive, loving husband, and 2 kids who love me more than I deserve.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love the hair! So dang cute!

Kristie Taylor said...

sounds like you have been busy.... cute pics girl! :)

Natali Jolley said...

At least you or Taylee didn't pass out while the IV insertion was going on. I would have. I would have been out like a person who gets out! I am sorry for your struggles but remember . . . "When your weary, feeling small. When tears are in your eyes, I will dry them all. I'm on your side. Oh, when times get rough. And friends just can't be found. Like a bridge over troubled water, I will lay me down."

Monique said...

I didn't know you took Rohne in to the doctor on Wednesday! Sorry to hear that. Glad you all survived! Looks like you had fun at the parade. We've gone every year too, but I just couldn't get myself, let alone the kids ready for that yesterday. And the rain didn't look too inticing. Oh well. Maybe next year!

Candy said...

I'm sorry you had a rough couple days dealing with Rhone and insurance. Nothing is more frustrating! I am glad that you have good moments in your life to hang on to. Cute kids!
What is Jake's new job?

Lisa said...

Em,
Sound like you have had a lot going on. I didn't even know that Jake got a new job. We need to chat more in depth, I will send you an email!

Mighty Mighty Rudds said...

hey! Gotta love those crazy times in life...gotta love the insurance run around too!!

Nathan said...

It's nice to know you are not alone when trials come around, and it leads to stess, and everything else. I hope things start looking up and the new job works out well. Take care! Conference was so good for me to listen too, it always puts things in perspective!

Josh and Alayna said...

Poor boy! His lip looks like it hurts. Your Halloween costumes are very cute. I bet she loves her hair, it looks so fun. I bet you teach preschool very well and it looked like everyone is having a great time. I could never do something like that.

Celinda said...

I am trying to think of something creative to say, but sometimes the brain just isn't on the "right" track. I'm so proud that you are my daughter, and you are getting to be such a great photographer! (What cute greandchildren.) All you have to do and a preschool teacher too! You're awesome.

Shon and Holly Shuldberg said...

Soo cute.