Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Greatest Sister Ever!!!

I truly love all 3 of my wonderful sisters. But. . . in the form of a wonderful New Year's surprise, Natali truly jumped through the hoop to become the greatest sister ever. (That is until someone else comes to Seattle)!

I had a good Christmas, although, as mentioned before, I brutally missed my family. One night, I was feeling very sorry for myself, and through my tears, Jake told me he had a surprise that would make me all better. He was supposed to wait until the next day, but Jake is the worst secret keeper ever. Anyways, he told me that Natali and Bryce would be here tomorrow night at 11:30 p.m. I continued sobbing, although happy sobs now escaped my mouth. In order to spare myself disappointment, I have learned that when it comes to my family visiting, I shouldn't get my hopes up too much. So, I didn't really believe it until I actually picked them up at SeaTac airport. They were able to stay for 4 whole days, and it was complete bliss. We didn't do a whole lot, but we all enjoyed being with each other. Nat and I took some fun shopping excursions, and caught up on some much needed sister, and girl time. The boys played ping pong, watched boy movies, and moved big furniture and stuff. After the kids were in bed at night, we would play games (of which SCUM was a favorite), and just chat until 1:00 or 2:00 am. Of course, we forgot to take our camera along most of the time, so I don't have much to show for this monumental event. Thanks again, Nat, for being such a great sister, and giving me the best present ever. I love you!!!


Taylee loved having Natali around, and especially loved brushing her long, black hair. Of course, Aunt Nat was happy to oblige.

Two of a kind.

The boys playing board games.

Did I mention how much Taylee loved having her around?

They both still talk about Bryce and Natali, and Taylee won't let me forget how I promised her we would go on an airplane to see them one day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're posts have been missed! Glad you're back!

I can totally relate to the family visiting thing. We don't get many visitors here in Lemoore, either It sounds like you had a great time with your sister. Love the pics, as always.

April said...

That made me tear up! It is so hard living so far away from family!! I'm glad they were able to visit.

Natali Jolley said...

I do look pretty rough in all of those pictures Em. I'm okay with it though because I have such a great sense of confidence. Everyone knows that in person, I am the most breathtaking person anyway so I guess it doesn't really matter.