So, one day the boys decided it was a good idea to go golfing. With 2 ladies who have only gone once or twice in their whole lives, without a golf cart -to save money-, in 80+ degree heat, and mega humidity, AND uphill most of the way hiking. It was a blast!!!!
Me, on the other hand, just tried. Good thing we had Clark there, who really is a great golfer, and we played a sramble. Otherwise, we would have been there all day.
Do not tell me that my form is impeccable. I know that it is. I might be a prodigy.
This was our nice body boarding beach. I loved it because I could always touch bottom. The guys, not so much, because they would get slammed into the bottom of the ocean. They would always come out with bumps and bruises. We loved this one too, because there were tons of big sea turtles. And, they would ride the waves right along with you. A couple times we could have reached out, and touched them. Too bad none of the pictures I took of them every worked out. My friend, Lisa, got some good ones though.
On our last day, we decided to fork over the dough, and do one excursion, so we wouldn't feel like we missed out. We took a float tube tour, down a river. You just put on these helmets, sit, on a tuve, and float away. We spent about 70% of the time in dark tunnels. Thus, the headlamps. It was pretty cool. We ate lunch up there too, and then came back. Maybe not worth the $100 per person price tag, but, whatever. . .
We took an open air truck up there on really bumpy roads.
This area behind us is supposed to be one the rainiest ones in the world. It was so pretty and green. And, it did rain on us a lot. I thought I would work on my tan. Instead, it mainly rained, and, we were in tunnels all the time.
The two female guides on the tour, were both members. One went to BYU-Hawaii, and the other went to SVU. It was so fun chatting with them, and learning about LDS life in Hawaii. They were really nice, and fun.
This Hawaiian guy was so nice. . . He let us pose with him and his puppy.
Here we are in front of the truck. It did wonders for my hair.
6 comments:
You'll have to let me know where you stayed! We had our 10 year last month, but with the new baby we are doing our big trip also next year on our 11th anniversary!! Maybe that's actually the big year to celebrate, not 10! Anyway, we are thinking of Hawaii, so you'll have to share your info. Looks like you guys had a blast.
Looks like so much fun. I am a little (more like lots) jealous.
I've been meaning to comment all week! Your trip looks super fun! Glad you had such a great time :) I love your tan and wish I could lay in the sun for a week, or even a tanning bed! I guess I'll get all I can get at the pool. Great pictures. So pretty!
Looks like you had a blast!! Glad you had such a great time! I have the same yellow bee swimsuit! I got it for our 10 year anniversary trip, too! Add that to our list of similarities. We have fabulous taste!
Can I just say How Hot you are! Check out your skinny Rockin Bod:) Glad you had fun, that would be my drean vacay. Maybe someday. Cute family Em. Glad you had fun, You deserve it!
I think you are the first of our family to go to our island state. Did it smell like flowers? I've heard some say the air always carries the sweet smell of flowers.
Post a Comment