Sunday, July 3, 2011

Hawaii Trip, part 1

Oh, beautiful, sunny Hawaii!!  It really was a dream vacation.  When we flew into the Lihue airport on Thursday afternoon, it was raining.  Really hard. . . And, it wasn't stoppping.  We were NOT impressed.  However, like everyone told us, it blew off, and by the next day all that we saw was sunshine and loveliness.  After our 6 hour flight, we were starving, so we ran to get something to eat, and then hit the beach.  The water is so so so warm there.  It was my first real experience with salt water.  Jake didn't really believe me, after all the times I had told him during our 11 year marriage, that I am not a good swimmer, and am afraid of water.  When I screamed really loud after the first wave crashed over me, he started to believe, and got a little embarassed.  It just took me awhile to get acclimated, that's all. I learned that salt water really tastes like salt.  It is not fun when you swallow a lot of it, (which I always tend to do when I attempt to swim), and it burns your eyes like crazy.
 
 My handsome hubby, holding his body board.  Besides laying out, and reading, this was our main activity on the beach.
 Our friends, Clark and Lisa went on the trip with us.  The story goes:  Jake and Clark went to Maui together before we were married 11 years ago.  We were married within weeks of each other, and we always said that we would go back to Hawaii for our 10 year Anniversaries.  Well, let's make it 11. . .
 You just have to have some scenery pictures.  I know they're boring, but, I always had the camera, and there's only so much  pictures you can take of your husband, and friends.  The sand is so soft, and you just melt into it. 
 Here's Lisa posing for the camera.
 The boys headed out to the waves with their boards.
 Jake coming in after some excitement.
 Just relaxing and drying off.


We were so happy to be in the sun.  I just drank it all in, and worked on my tan.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

So jealous!! Lovin' your lime ricki swimsuit...I have one too