Monday, August 3, 2009

Still Adjusting. . . . Baby Growing

So. . . . my mom went home, after helping me for almost 4 weeks. After 3 infections, including 2 cases of mastitis, 2 rounds of antibiotics, and 5 other prescriptions, I just may be on the mend. I hope! I still don't quite feel human. That probably has to do with a growing boy who gets up every 2 hours at night to eat. And, 2 older kids who dislike having Mommy take a nap. My mom was such a big help. I still get teary-eyed about her leaving. I sooo wish that she lived closer. The downside of having her here so long, is that Tristan got very used to having someone hold him. He has completely figured out how to get me to hold him, by screaming at the top of his little lungs. I tried to put him down this morning, and it's been a very long day already. Also, I may have forgotten how to cook, clean, and do laundry. How will it get done now? I'm still kind of mad that nobody told me that taking care of 3 children was so hard, until after I had him. (Collette, be fore-warned)
Taylee is such a great big sister. She loves to talk to him, and sing to him. She has adjusted beautifully. Now, as far as the other brother. . . . maybe someday soon.

Wide open eyes. He's very alert and aware of everything going on around him. Taylee used to open her eyes wide like this when she was a baby.

He grew quite attached to Grandma. I think she kinda liked him too.

This is how the baby slept in our 100+ degree weather. It was a very miserable couple of days for everyone. Tay is still recovering from a bad heat rash she got one sweltering night. Just check out those chubby little legs. He is growing, and changing so quickly. Despite all of the pitfalls, I am very thankful that Tristan is here, and is so healthy.

7 comments:

Candy said...

I am so sorry you have had two cases of mastitis...no fun!
And yes, three kids is a hum dinger. It was for me too. But it gets easier. It just gets easier. You will remember how to do laundry and cook and clean and entertain kids again. take it a day at a time. Thing are supposed to be out of normal, you just had baby number three.

p.s.jacey still has major jealous issues with keira. So I pray that Rhone gets used to Tristan quickly!

He is such a handsome little dude, and is already getting so chunky. so cute Emily. Keep your chin up!

Kevin and Amber said...

I'm sorry it's been so hard on you. He is so cute. He seems so much bigger than Ben but I guess he was more than a pound bigger. Just try to ignore your lack of sleep and just enjoy it :) I think I need to take my own advice.

Kristie Taylor said...

sounds like you have had a rough couple of weeks! poor thing! moms are wonderful huh :) i hope all continues to get better.... and the baby is SO cute! Congrats! :)

Collette said...

He is so cute. I saw on the news last night that Seattle has had the hottest weather ever. Awesome. Sorry you haven't been able to recover well. Just like Candy said, it will get better. Don't worry about life getting back to normal too fast. Just relax and take it day by day.(I'm going to need to remember that in about 2 months) Thanks for the heads up. Every day, as I'm doing different things, I think, how am I going to do this with 3?! Pretty soon you're going to be a pro.

Mighty Mighty Rudds said...

Gag. So sorry. Just give it until he is 6 months...with each baby it takes a little bit longer to get into a groove. With #4 it took a good year! Good luck girlie!

Natali Jolley said...

You are a superb mother and you have wonderful kids and an awesome husband. Plus, when you go see Harry Potter you will be able to recover properly because it is so outrageously rad that you will be cured of all sickness and overwhelmedness. Yes, overwhelmedness is a word I think. Or perhaps it should be a word!

Celinda said...

Well, I can't see this box through my tears, but I will attempt to type. You are not the only one who wishes that I lived closer. I miss you all so much. Please take care of yourself. I loved all the positive comments from friends and family. Dad has said that I can come back, you only have to give me the word and I will be off, but I suppose that it is good as you say to try to get your own life back.